Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Ceramic Coated SS 2.oL Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
stevegm
These HE came on a car that I purchased and am taking back to the original 1.7L engine. So I don't need them. I am not sure what they are worth. But, I do know that the PO paid over $500 to have them ceramic coated (I have the receipt), and that they haven't been used more than about 15 minutes. They are in excellent condition. I have attached some pictures below that aren't very good (the garage was cold and I was in a hurry when I took them). If your interested PM me and I will send you better photos. I know you have to post a price, so I will say $700 OBO, plus shipping.
stevegm
Can someone tell me what these ceramic coated 2.0L SS heat exchangers are worth?
Steve Snyder
Used stainless (SSI) 2.0L heat exchangers in good condition usually bring about $500. I'm not sure that ceramic coating would really increase their value unless it was done to match the gray stock color for concours purposes.
stevegm
QUOTE(Steve Snyder @ Jan 18 2015, 10:23 AM) *

Used stainless (SSI) 2.0L heat exchangers in good condition usually bring about $500. I'm not sure that ceramic coating would really increase their value unless it was done to match the gray stock color for concours purposes.

Thanks. I set them at $700 OBO.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 18 2015, 10:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve Snyder @ Jan 18 2015, 10:23 AM) *

Thanks. I set them at $700 OBO.

Have you checked them for leaks? If not, do that and post your results as that would help you with the sale. I have sold a few almost perfect used 2.0 sets with no leaks for $700 - $850 in the past year.

Here is a link to testing them for leaks --->TESTING
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.