Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LED Front Turnsignal And Rear Brake/Taillight/Turnsignals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Spoke
This is a group buy for front turnsignal bucket LED boards, rear tail/brake light LED boards, and rear turnsignal LED boards.

Please respond to this thread if you are interested. Purchase requests will be handled in order as they are recieved in this thread.

The only thing group buy of these boards are the bare PCBs. The boards are hand assembled one by one, tested and delivered as they are finished. I will not request payment until your PCBs are to be assembled. Time between payment and shipping should be about 2 weeks. This group buy will last several months so please be patient.

I will PM you when I am prepared to assemble your boards. If I PM you and your plans have changed, please let me know.

Front LED and rear LED boards will be shipped separately. Shipping for CONUS for front or rear LED boards is $10.

@@@@@@@@@

Now is a good time to seal up the front and rear buckets to protect your LED board investments.

I am very pleased to be able to offer bundle pricing for front and rear bucket and rear lens seals by 914Rubber for anyone purchasing front or rear LED boards.

Prices:
Front bucket seals: $12.50 savings of 24% over retail
Rear housing seals: $16.00 savings of 33% over retail
Rear lens beads: $5.00 savings of $28% over retail

Front Bucket Seal

Rear Housing Seal

Rear Lens Bead
Spoke
The rear LED board is available in 3 different configurations:

1) Brake Light: RED LEDs: Price: $90/pair
2) Turnsignal: RED LEDs: Price: $90/pair
3) Turnsignal: AMBER LEDs: Price: $90/pair

Shipping:
CONUS: $10
Outside CONUS: Determined at purchase.

CONUS payment examples:
Brake LED only: $90 + $10 = $100
Brake LED and RED/AMBER Turnsignal LED: $180 + $10 = $190

Each pair includes:
o 2 PCBs
o Brake/Taillights: 56 RED LEDs
o Turnsignals:56 AMBER (Euro) or RED (US) LEDs - Rearward facing; 8 side-facing LEDs to replace the small side running light. Side LEDs are AMBER (Euro) or RED (US) to match taillight lens.

Electrical Connection:
o Brake: Pigtail with 1157 base to plug directly into existing bulb socket.
o Turnsignal: Pigtail with 1156 base (turnsignal) and 5007 base (small side light)

6 clips for each pair to mount the boards to existing taillight housing for plug-n-play installation.

6 screws per PCB pair for clips + 1 extra

1 piggyback spade connector per turnsignal PCB pair in case existing turnsignal flasher is replaced by EP36 LED flasher from your FLAPS.

1 year guarantee

Electrical Characteristics:
Brake/Turnsignal: 0.35A @ 14V (4.9 Watt) each PCB
Taillight: 0.06A @ 14V (0.8 Watt) each PCB

Example boards shown with early prototype brass clips. Clips are plastic for these boards.
Spoke
The front bucket LED board is available in 3 different configurations:

1) US Version: All AMBER LEDs: $120/pair
2) Euro Version - No Blanking: WHITE LEDs in clear of lens; Rest AMBER LEDs: Price: $130/pair
3) Euro Version - w/Blanking: WHITE LEDs in clear of lens; Rest AMBER LEDs: Price: $140/pair

Shipping:
CONUS: $10
Outside CONUS: Determined at purchase.

CONUS payment examples:
US Version: $120 + $10 = $130
Euro Version - No Blanking: $130 + $10 = $140
Euro Version - w/Blanking: $140 + $10 = $150

Each pair includes:
o 2 PCBs
o US Version: 69 AMBER LEDs.
o Euro Versions: 21 WHITE LEDS (Running lights) and 48 AMBER LEDs (Turnsignal).

Euro Version with optional blanking will turn off WHITE LEDs when turnsignal is engaged.

Pigtail with 1157 base to plug directly into existing bulb socket.

4 clips for each pair to mount the boards to existing front bucket housing for plug-n-play installation.

4 screws for clips + 1 extra

1 piggyback spade connector if existing turnsignal flasher is replaced by EP36 LED flasher from your FLAPS.

1 year guarantee

Electrical Characteristics US version:
Turnsignal: 0.39A @ 14V (5 Watt) each PCB
Running light: 0.07A @ 14V (1 Watt) each PCB

Example front LED board shown with only tools needed: large Philips screwdriver for lens screws and smaller Philips screwdriver for PCB mounting screw.

Click to view attachment
Spoke
Installation of the rear LED boards.

For the brake/tailight PCB, 2 long straight clips go toward the inside of the car, one short clip on the outside of the car. Screw in screws so the clips are loose.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

After removing the bulb and securing the LED bulb base, gently press in the board evenly side to side.

Click to view attachment

Once the board is seated, gently tighten screws until tight. Try not to overtighten.

Click to view attachment

For the turnsignal PCBs, screw in the 2 long clips with a bend on the side of the board with 2 holes. The side with one hole uses the largest clip mounted on the bottom of the board as shown. You can gently tighten the clips before mounting.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

After removing the bulb and securing the LED bulb base, gently press in the board evenly side to side.

Click to view attachment

The clearance of the lens and the clips between the brake and turnsignal is very tight. Make sure the lens does not get caught on the clips. It should fit right between the clips.
Click to view attachment
Spoke
Installation of the front turnsignal bucket LED boards.

There are 2 clips for each board. The small one goes in front the the long one on the rear.

Click to view attachment

Screw in the rear clip.

Click to view attachment

The small front clip mounts on the top of the board. These will be screwed in when I build the board. The bottom of the board will contact the bucket base to keep the board straight.

Click to view attachment

Here's the board ready for installation with the bulb base connected.

Click to view attachment

When installing the board, make sure the pigtail does not interfere with the rear clip.

Click to view attachment

Gently slide the board in. There are slots on either side of the board to clear the guides on the sides of the bucket.

Click to view attachment

Ready for the lens. The lens will hold the board in place. If you need to reposition the board, do not grab the LEDs as they will move. Use a paper clip or similar wire to pull the board out.

Click to view attachment
siverson
I'll take a full set!

front: Brake Light: RED LEDs + Turnsignal: AMBER LEDs
rear: Euro Version - w/Blanking

Thanks!

-Steve
Firstcar
Jerry,
I'll take a set of the front bucket LED board Euro Version - w/Blanking and a piggyback spade connector for the new relay! Thanks
-Scott
A&P Mech
I am in for a full set. I would like the US version for the front buckets as well as the rear brake light and turn signals.

Thanks,
Ray
griffindoug
Spoke,

I would like a set of the rear Red Brake, and amber turns with shipping for 190.00

Thanks
Doug
peteyd
Please put me down for a front bucket LED board in the US Version

Thank you,

Pete
chads74
I am in for a front set option 3) Euro Version - w/Blanking: WHITE LEDs in clear of lens; Rest AMBER LEDs:

I remember seeing something about needing something additional to make the blinkers work if you have front and rear LEDs installed. Am I remembering correctly?
Steve Snyder
I would like a set of rear brake boards (just the brakes: $90 + shipping) and a set of front Euro turn signal boards with no blanking ($130 + shipping).
I do not need any seals, but thank you for making that option available.
Zimms
I am in for front turn signals, euro, non blanking
EdwardBlume
Cool. Very Cool. aktion035.gif
Steve
I'm in for the following:
Front:
R_u_dd
I am interested in the Euro Front amber/white, so that I may use the front light as a white running light and turn signal. I have no side turn signals up front, so I need the blinking capability. Is that what blanking is? Please explain. So, yes put me down for a front end Euro configuration. Thanks
GermermanCarGuy
Still in for:
Rear Brakes Lights (pr)
Rear Amber Turn Signals (pr)
and Front Euro w/blanking (pr)

Very excited. piratenanner.gif

Please bundle with complete seal package (f/r) as advertised in your Posted Feb 5 2015, 08:59 PM post.

Still excited. piratenanner.gifpiratenanner.gif
rnellums
Sign me up for a pair of the us front turn signals! I love my rears!

-Ross
StratPlayer
I'm in for a set. Front Euro's....
75-914
Count me in for front/ rear euro type
Jetsetsurfshop
Is there any photos or a video with these lights in action?
cconcepcion
1 front set-euro-blanking please..
dr.tim
Front, Option 3, please.

Rleog
I'll take a set of front LED boards, Euro version with blanking.

Thanks
MATTYLITE
I'd like to purchase:

The Rear LED board,

- Brake Light: RED LEDs: Price: $90/pair
- Turnsignal: AMBER LEDs: Price: $90/pair

+ Shipping, etc.

Thanks!
Matt
zambezi
I am in for a front set in the US configuration. I already have the rears and love them.
Jim
Spoke
Some comparisons of the rear LEDs with standard bulbs in daylight at about 25 feet away. Turnsignals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7A5dOW1Fjs

Brakes in daylight. Brake lights were connected to flasher wire since my wife said sitting in the car hitting the brakes while I shoot the video was "stupid".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UFYirXKzI4

Turnsignals and Brakes in the dark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjzT9Fye3o
Spoke
Some videos of the front LEDs. This is the Euro version.

First the turnsignals; then just the running light. For the turnsignal, the US lens is on. For the running light, the lens is removed.

I wanted to observe the angle of incidence on the LEDs. These LEDs have 15 degree 1/2 power angle. So for the turnsignals and running lights, I varied the angle of viewing from about +/- 45 degrees from the front of the car. I was about 30 feet away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEIcKTeHoa0

Now the running light with the US lens off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xe09_u_dSg
Spoke
Here's one of the front LEDs with running light blanking. The running lights cut out immediately when the turnsignals light and stay off about 1 second after the turnsignals turn off.

Here's a close up of the blanking circuitry.

Click to view attachment

In this video, I'm using the EP36 flasher from AutoZone. The LED board is the only load on the flasher and it flashes at the expected rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBFT2LwVhc
Spoke
Here's a clip of the non-blanking front turnsignal. The clip also compares the LED turnsignal on the passenger side to the standard bulb on the driver side.

Light intensity measurements show the US LED front PCB turnsignals to be about 6x as bright as the existing bulb. The Euro version (48 LED vs 69 LED in US version) should be about 4x as bright as the existing bulb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y2HTTtBjG8
echocanyons
I would like a pair of the euro versions with blanking.

Thank you!
aharder
I'm in for a set of Front, US Amber
biggrin.gif
bobo914
Spoke, I have clear front lenses. What style would you recommend?
mepstein
I'll take an amber front and red brake and turn signal rear. Thanks, mark
Outbackskip
Hi there,

First of all, compliments on your design of the LED boards, just beautifull thumb3d.gif

Would it be possible to get a complete set sent to The Netherlands, Europe?

If yes, I'm in for: Front Euro w/blanking $140 + ?, and Rear Brake RED and Turn Amber $180 + ?

I don't know what the P&P will be but I reacon you're going to let me know about that.

Hope we can work things out, I'll be waiting patiently,

Thank you,
Skip
Spoke
QUOTE(bobo914 @ Jan 17 2015, 04:21 PM) *

Spoke, I have clear front lenses. What style would you recommend?

You can do either US (all amber; LEDs on dimly with parking/headlights) or Euro (amber on top, cool white on the bottom; Whites are on brightly with parking/headlights). Depends on what look you want.
Spoke
QUOTE(Outbackskip @ Jan 18 2015, 04:42 AM) *

Hi there,

First of all, compliments on your design of the LED boards, just beautifull thumb3d.gif

If yes, I'm in for: Front Euro w/blanking $140 + ?, and Rear Brake RED and Turn Amber $180 + ?

I don't know what the P&P will be but I reacon you're going to let me know about that.

Thank you,
Skip

Shipping to Europe is not an issue. I sent some LEDs to Germany last year through US postal service. It was less expensive than UPS/Fedex but tracking sucked. I would recommend one of the main carriers. If you know a good way to ship, please let me know.
clapeza
I'm in for one set of front turn signals, option 2) Euro Version - No Blanking.

Thanks,

Chester
kid914
QUOTE(griffindoug @ Jan 16 2015, 08:03 AM) *

Spoke,

I would like a set of the rear Red Brake, and amber turns with shipping for 190.00

Thanks
Doug

Same for me spoke! piratenanner.gif drooley.gif
ConeDodger
In.

Euro front and rear.
Outbackskip
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 18 2015, 08:39 AM) *

Hi there,

Thank you,
Skip

Shipping to Europe is not an issue. I sent some LEDs to Germany last year through US postal service. It was less expensive than UPS/Fedex but tracking sucked. I would recommend one of the main carriers. If you know a good way to ship, please let me know.

I would rather go for a good, reliable carrier and having the products here safe & sound than not knowing if they would ever arrive instead of saving a buck or two.
Just let me know what the total costs will be.

Thanks, Skip
mepstein
QUOTE(Outbackskip @ Jan 18 2015, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 18 2015, 08:39 AM) *

Hi there,

Thank you,
Skip

I would rather go for a good, reliable carrier and having the products here safe & sound than not knowing if they would ever arrive instead of saving a buck or two.
Just let me know what the total costs will be.

Thanks, Skip

Lately, I've sold stuff to the UK, Denmark, Italy, France, Germany and Australia. USPS has worked just fine for me. Nothing special, just packed carefully.
IanS
Put me down for front US signals please!
already have the rears
jfort
I am in for a full set. I would like the US version for the front buckets as well as the rear brake light and turn signals

Jeff Fort
monkeyboy
I will take a set of the US Fronts.

I already have your taillight sets and they are awesome!
abnrdo
Spoke,

I have been waiting to post this for awhile.

I'm in for: Front Euro w/blanking $140; Rear Brake RED and Turn Amber $180!

Cant wait to add these to my project.

Thanks,

Jim
Spoke
Making some progress on the front lights. Going slower than I hoped. These more complicated to make than the rears because of the blanking circuit and that the LEDs must be soldered with the body of the LED 115mils off the board so they can be pointed forward when mounted on the vehicle.
Briby37
I'm down for a full set, please. US for the front buckets and the rear brake light and turn signals. These are looking great!
cn2800
If you're still taking orders, I'd like to request front turn signals, rear turn signals, and brake lights, all US spec. Thanks!
Spoke
QUOTE(cn2800 @ Jan 29 2015, 11:24 AM) *

If you're still taking orders, I'd like to request front turn signals, rear turn signals, and brake lights, all US spec. Thanks!

Yes, still taking orders. These boards take a long time to assemble and thus we'll be doing this for a few months. Requests are handled in order so we'll be in touch via PM when we're ready to make boards for you.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.