Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early window regulator repair?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Helmethead
Does anyone know if repair lift pins are available for the early cable window regulator. I have found the replacement plastic button but not the lift pin that slides on the rotating cable? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Helmet
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
This might help:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=247704
smash.gif

PS: welcome.png
Helmethead
Thanks SirAndy. I am actually looking for the metal part of the pin and not the roller that attaches to the pin.

Brainstorming, I was thinking possibly a 1/2" long section of 3/16" diameter tubing and make 2 or 3 cuts with the same angle as the inner regulator cable/spring and a small tab welded to that might repair the lift pin and give me something to attach the roller to?

Mikey914
I see, it actually broke off.
Post some pictures, I may be able to fabricate something. My thought is make it so that it can use the ball socket rollers I make and solve 2 problems. The little pin did look flimsy. I just don't know where my assembly is at right now, so a few pics would tell me pretty quickly if this is doable.

Thanks,
mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.