Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IT'S RACING SEASON AGAIN!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Yay, this is the official "Winter is Ending Soon" event for me!
This looks to be a great race with lots and lots of drivers from
other series! driving.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
v82go
I went yesterday and watched them pratice (cold and very windy). Brumos had a wonderful static display including 2 914/6 (gt's). They have done lots of work to the infield. Other than the weather it was a fun day
Trekkor
Wow! Quite a few cars have already been destroyed ohmy.gif

Tire blow out at 170 MPH is always a problem.

Paul Newman is supposed to be driving.

KT
jimtab
Good coverage on speed channel but the commercials drive me nuts...particularly the Pontiac commercials for the new gto and g6, just like most pontiacs they go like hell and look like shit...unbelieveable that they would put so much into the drive train etc, and so little into styling, I think the "general" needs to move a couple of guys from the Corvette unit to the pontiac unit...and the Valentines commercials, damn this Hallmark holiday is ratcheting up bigtime...just my .02.
ein 6er
just got back a couple of hours ago.

a lot of changes to the infield, most for the better. there's even a freaking carnival now!!! it pushed the porsche corral further west, not the best viewing area. only saw 3 teeners plus mine. two -4s an -8 and a 9104 ...... that's a -4 with a 904 body kit. picked up a couple of old road & track mags with some 914 coverage and the current issue of "vintage motorsport" magazine. it has an awesome 7 page spread of mark allin's lufthansa gt, the one that was at rennsport 2, a must have issue!!

better turn out this year, but on track there are only 2 (i think) vettes, 2 bmws, 2 ferrari, 1 pontiac gto, no salens but of course a butt load of gt3s.

i shot film, so i'll post pics in a few days.
drew365
Thanks for posting that board Paul, that's cool. A group of our local POC guys are running in GT class for their second year. They're car #6, currently in 48 OA and 23rd in class. It cost the owner $650,000 to run last year. The cost of playtime has really gone up recently. biggrin.gif
Trekkor
In the final hour.

Great in car footage and highlights.

Anything can happen to the parts that have been hammered for all those hours.

See that trans that blew open?

A friend of mine raced there in the 80's with a Porsche 935 turbo...Led the race until the early morning, when they lost their trans and spent a good amount of time replacing it just to finish.

High heat takes it's toll...

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.