Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The old man is OK!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
Thanks again to all my 914 family for all of your words. And Ethan who is like the oldschool family rep. So I guess I was having small heart attack since thurs, I was working at Jay leno's and felt out of breath. But it didn't last then on friday I was over at jimmy kimmel I told my buddy as a joke that him may have to do CPR on me. So the next day I'm working in the backyard doing simple stuff. It hit me again I had to lay down for a bit. I even told my Grandson if he knows how to call 911 blink.gif.
The very next day I go out with my wife for breakfast, Come home and bang this time I couldn't breath very good.
Had my wife drive me to the ER! She did good because the cardiologist said I should of been dead w00t.gif Thanks to all and please if you have any signs like me don't wait.
Mike Bellis
piratenanner.gif

Glad you're feeling better!
messix
lucky man ! aktion035.gif
JRust
Holy crapola bud! That is some scary stuff. Take it easy & don't push your recovery. Sure puts things in perspective
turk22
great to hear your on the mend, take care of yourself!
G e o r g e
Glad to hear your home.

SirAndy
Good to have you back!
smilie_pokal.gif
scotty b
piratenanner.gif first.gif
poorsche914
cheer.gif aktion035.gif
bulitt
cheer.gif piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Rotary'14
Hey Jaime,,
Good to see you around,,, drunk.gif

-Robert
rick 918-S
Shortness of breath? any other symptoms? What else was going on?
Cairo94507
I am glad you dodged the big one. Now you need to reduce some of the stress in your life and relax a bit and get healthy again. Your doctor might suggest more 914 time....
oldschool
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 16 2015, 07:30 PM) *

Shortness of breath? any other symptoms? What else was going on?

A pain in my chest it's it. Rick
Elliot Cannon
It's good to hear from you. beerchug.gif Now that you're done scaring the $hit out of everyone. "Heed the warnings". See you at the G&R. first.gif
KELTY360
Close call. Glad to hear you made it through. piratenanner.gif
green914
Glad to hear you pulled through smile.gif
PanelBilly
birthday3.gif

Every new day is your birthday now!
mgp4591
And you thought it was the excitement of being around all of Jays cool cars! Great to hear you're doing better!
Maltese Falcon
A New Years miracle... now take good care of yourself !
Marty

shoguneagle
Glad to see you are ok and everything is going well. I walked the same "line" twice both leading to open heart surgery. It is not a picnic we want to go to and it great seeing you up.
Tom_T
Glad to hear you're still kickin'!
beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
horizontally-opposed
Man, I'm glad you're okay. Meeting at Escape and then a bit of correspondence since told me you're one cool dude. Probably goes with the whole "old-school" deal.

Anyway, hope to see you in a parking lot—or better yet, a turnout—sometime soon!

pete
ConeDodger
first.gif
JawjaPorsche
Just wasn't your time. Live life to the fullest with your family and take care of yourself!
sixnotfour
Dude..........................
carr914
Now follow Doctors orders so that you can hang with us for many more years to come.

Glad you are OK! biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Very happy to have you back Jaime! Sounds like you are a very lucky man. aktion035.gif
Steve
Wow!! Second chance that few get!! Make the best of it. Glad your still with us!!
SLITS
Good news
rmital
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 17 2015, 10:29 AM) *

Wow!! Second chance that few get!! Make the best of it. Glad your still with us!!

agree.gif couldn't have said it better...very happy your home and feeling better.
Krieger
Welcome back! Take it easy please.
76-914
Great news, Jaime. Diet or genetics? My Dad had a few and I've worried about one ever since.
Geezer914
Glad to hear your ok! Guys, see your doctor and get checked out at least once a year. We are no longer 18 and invincible! driving.gif
wndsnd
Excellent! Glad you are home...

John
914_teener
Veggie burgers from now on at the G and R Jaime.

Lifestlye change is next from now on.

More 914 time.
effutuo101
Glad you are still amongst us!
Mueller
Great news!

Glad you made it okay....

After taking my last CPR class for work* the wife and I have been talking about investing in a Defibrillator from Costco, $1000 is a small price to pay to save a life!

(us electronic guys need it "just in case")

I would be interesting to know if Leno or Kimmel have defibrillators at their shops.

Mueller
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jan 17 2015, 09:06 AM) *

Veggie burgers from now on at the G and R Jaime.

Lifestlye change is next from now on.

More 914 time.

After my stroke I never ate so many salads before in my life...what was funny was that for the few weeks I was off work it seemed we went and did a bunch of stuff on my wifes bucket list and not mine....how does that work?!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 17 2015, 10:14 AM) *
how does that work?!

You really have to ask that question? How long have you been married? Are you paying attention at all?
lol-2.gif
arkitect
Jaime,
Hope your feeling better, nothing like a scare like that to make us appreciate life.

Dave
type47
Don't mean to hijack your thread but I just got home after cardiac bypass myself. Don't necessarily listen to your GP. Mine said I had GERD. Instead I had 3 arteries 90% or more blocked.
oldschool
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 17 2015, 10:12 AM) *

Great news!

Glad you made it okay....

After taking my last CPR class for work* the wife and I have been talking about investing in a Defibrillator from Costco, $1000 is a small price to pay to save a life!

(us electronic guys need it "just in case")

I would be interesting to know if Leno or Kimmel have defibrillators at their shops.

Not sure But I'll ask confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.