Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eye Lid Grommets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74914LE
Anyone have a good process for installing the grommets for the headlight Eye Lids?

Thanks!

Ford
Bleyseng
Take a small flat screwdriver and push them in all the way till they seat
mepstein
and use some lube on the rubber
Mikey914
Make them from silicone and a bit softer than OEM so they slide in a little easier.
Mind you they are still a tight fit, but soapy water will help both types
injunmort
dawn dishwashing detergent on the nipple, I wrap a piece of wire around the groove, pull the wire thru the hole and pull it into place then unwrap the wire. makes life easy
KELTY360
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 17 2015, 10:27 AM) *

I know this always works for me. shades.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(injunmort @ Jan 17 2015, 12:44 PM) *

dawn dishwashing detergent on the nipple, I wrap a piece of wire around the groove, pull the wire thru the hole and pull it into place then unwrap the wire. makes life easy

Very handy, hadn't thought about doing it that way.
PanelBilly
Get you some sex lube. It's the perfect excuse to buy some. Tell the girl behind the counter, you're using in to help slide the rubber plug in!
TJB/914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 17 2015, 01:27 PM) *

agree.gif
Here's another tip.
I have a very thin wire hooked to the front hood latch threaded under the headlight eye lid that is difficult to see. It's there in event the pull cable/handle breaks inside the car and you cant open the hood. Mine has a little carved (yellow) pull handle scale 914 model you will never see unless you take the headlight eye lid off. happy11.gif This photo might not show the details????
Tom
TJB/914
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Jan 17 2015, 04:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 17 2015, 01:27 PM) *

agree.gif
Here's another tip.
I have a very thin wire hooked to the front hood latch threaded under the headlight eye lid that is difficult to see. It's there in event the pull cable/handle breaks inside the car and you cant open the hood. Mine has a little carved (yellow) pull handle scale 914 model you will never see unless you take the headlight eye lid off. happy11.gif This photo might not show the details????
Tom

Better picture drooley.gif
Save yourself when the hood cable breaks.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.