Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a Vitaloni side mirror, or other mirror suggestion.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cuda911
Hey all. The previous owner of my '73 replaced both side mirrors with Vitaloni "Baby Tornado" mirrors (Model 33298).

I guess this was popular back in the day. I don't really like them.

Anyway, yesterday the end of the base part broke on the passenger one (see photo). I have it super-glued, but I doubt that will hold, and I expect the mirror may come flying off when driving, so no good.

So, any of you got a spare passenger mirror. Or, just the bottom part of the mirror (not the mounting bracket that screws to the car, but the base of the mirror).?

Looks like I can still get a new Vitaloni for about $85.

Alternatively, any suggestions for some other decent replacement mirrors that would look better? The problem is, the Vitaloni holes are spaced on 3" centers for the mounting bracket, so if I use OEM 914 mirrors I'm stuck with these holes.

So, whatever I use has to have a bracket that will accept 3" centers for the mounting plate screws.
ConeDodger
Common mirror.

Try 911 flag mirrors.
TheCabinetmaker
I have baby tornado's on my car. They don't look like that.
Cuda911
Thanks for the quick replies. Hmmm... "allferrariparts" calls it a Baby Tornado:

http://www.allferrariparts.com/60179504.html

Anyway, a guy here on 914World PM'd me that he has a used one, so I'll buy it.
Rob-O
Those look like the Tornado. Th Baby Tornados looked a little different.
bigkensteele
Baby Turbos are much better looking and smaller. I am guessing the same mounting holes would fit, but I don't know if they would sit nice and horizontal given that your mounting holes are essentially vertical.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productde....asp?RecID=1555
jim_hoyland
PEP Boys used to sell the Vitaloni flag mirrors. Seems like they discontinued them. Good news is they are easy to find used: Swap meets most of the time..

I used them for years until going to 911 flag mirrors.
Cuda911
See? That's why to never trust Ferrari people.

I guess I have the full storm version, rather than the tempest in a teapot version.

In any case, I bought the one from the member here, so I guess I'm all set. Why anyone thinks either the tornado or baby tornado looks better than the OEM ones is beyond me, though. They look rather cheesy to me, whereas the OEM ones look classy.
mr914
I've got a set of baby tornados

I'd let them go cheap. Tired of looking at them..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.