Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: type of screws for side rearview mirrors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 RZ-1
Can anyone tell me what type (size, thread, etc.) of screws are used to attach the side rear view mirrors?

I think they are metric, countersunk oval head screws (correct me if I'm wrong), but what size (diameter and length) are they?

I'd like to get some at the local hardware store.
jack20
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Jan 18 2015, 09:36 PM) *

Can anyone tell me what type (size, thread, etc.) of screws are used to attach the side rear view mirrors?

I think they are metric, countersunk oval head screws (correct me if I'm wrong), but what size (diameter and length) are they?

I'd like to get some at the local hardware store.

Just order them from 914rubber.com and get a new base gasket while your at it. The real deal.
Jack
type47
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=234784

correct is oval head although in a pinch I've found flathead phillips of the right size at home depot (or Lowes or local hardware store)
Mark Henry
IIRC it's a common VW screw for the sunvisors or something like that. I had a few in my VW used bolts bucket.
Dave_Darling
Same screws as the ones that mount the door latch, IIRC. Those are usually out of the weather and so in better shape.

Or just order from Mikey and fuggeddaboudid.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.