Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody in Seattle/Tacoma that does Human Resources?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
My son is moving to Tacoma (his about to be Bride has a Nice Job there ) and he is looking for a Career Position.

He just Graduated from Georgia Southern University with 2 Degrees - Psychology & Criminal Justice.

Thanks,
T.C.

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
is he interested in a career in law enforcement? washington state patrol? biz is booming here for nurse demands as i understand it. remind them to bring sweaters and coats.
Mr.242
I work for WSP. It has put a roof over my head and food on my table. The society view of law enforcement is tough, but good people do good things.

We are fighting for a huge pay raise this legislative session. Pay is 20-45% behind other larger agencies. So there are other options.

Send me a pm. I am available for any help he needs. 24 years on the blue line and will give my .02 worth.
Tom_T
... yeah - RAIN coats! biggrin.gif

With that degree combo - he can start going online now, from back there, to search & apply with all the law enforcement departments, courts, etc. within any distance he's willing to drive to work. He may have to start with a support role, &/or to go thru their academy first.

Sometimes the smaller towns are easier to get on the force, than big cities, from what our son discovered when he was looking here in SoCal a few years back - before he decided to join the Army first, then law enforcement will come later.

Good Luck to Him! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
carr914
I'm trying to work a few connections with the FBI, but he really is open to explore different avenues!
carr914
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jan 19 2015, 11:32 AM) *

I work for WSP. It has put a roof over my head and food on my table. The society view of law enforcement is tough, but good people do good things.

We are fighting for a huge pay raise this legislative session. Pay is 20-45% behind other larger agencies. So there are other options.

Send me a pm. I am available for any help he needs. 24 years on the blue line and will give my .02 worth.

He's a really good Kid (28), but knows his way with a Hand Gun ar15.gif

pm sent

Thanks
rhodyguy
Oh, tacoma. They should be saving quite a bit of the cost of living as compared to further north. Do you know what medical facility your daughter in-law will be working at?
carr914
They have Zero Living Expenses - whatever Hospital she will be working at is paying for a Furnished Apartment, their moving expenses and paying her more than I make!
rhodyguy
Nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.