Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have I not been paying attention..?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nozzle
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/?0=0&a...Facet%5B%5D=914

By my count there are at least seven type IV cars for sale between $19K and $30K offered on Hemmings site alone. Lots of newly restored cars by the look of it. I know there's a difference between asking price and selling price but that still seems like an unusually large selection of expensive 914/4 cars for sale.

Is the market changing somehow I wonder?
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Nozzle @ Jan 19 2015, 08:23 AM) *

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/?0=0&a...eFacet=Vehicles for Sale&makeFacet=Porsche&sort=sort_time_desc&page_size=15&modelFacet[]=914

By my count there are at least seven type IV cars for sale between $19K and $30K offered on Hemmings site alone. Lots of newly restored cars by the look of it. I know there's a difference between asking price and selling price but that still seems like an unusually large selection of expensive 914/4 cars for sale.

Is the market changing somehow I wonder?

#@$#$$# DMV in Virginia valued mine at $16,400 for tax purposes two years ago.....crazy.
Geezer914
Used parts are also getting more expensive! I'd rather have the price go up than down. driving.gif
pete000
Glad I got mine when I did...
First there were no more 356s then no more 911s left any year for any thing close to a reasonable price, 914 is following their leaders...912s are also getting up there...
thelogo
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Jan 19 2015, 12:35 PM) *

Used parts are also getting more expensive! I'd rather have the price go up than down. driving.gif

Yeah it's a good point

I bought my 1.7 for 5 k $ years ago

And now parts value is approx 10 k $

If you were to part the car out

Together I'm not sure , but to me worth more then old beetle s

And ghias and those prices are sky high too
struckn
Interesting how things go. Heard and read a lot lately about the 911's and then the 912's rising prices, while at the same it was mentioned that the 914 was still a reasonable in price Porsche, inexpensive because of the usual reasons we've heard for years...... VW ?

So I think all of this publicity has indirectly driven alot of attention to the 914. This new interest is creating demand and there is a good supply of 914's available. Speculation might be causing the cost increase. This is good news if you have one and bad news if you are a buyer.

For me it means it is a good investment, not to be sold, but to be driven.
The 914 is a fantastic little true sports car that has been undervalued for most of its history.

14.gif
Mueller
The huge price increase is what helped convince the wife I needed to get another 914 now and not wait another year or so!

Of course like mentioned asking and getting those prices are a different thing, but it must be based on something to start off that high!
dudzy's914
NOT TRYING TO HYJACK THIS THREAD, but...
I have a 1975 black 2.0l with original FI and original black. Recent light restoration ( no more rust, engine refresh, wheels tires, paint, new interior, rubber seals etc). It is it worth selling in the spring, or wait a year? As it sits now It's a solid 15+k car.
EdwardBlume
Hold out for 50,000.

Prices are out of hand when as a buyer you run the risk of paying too much for a car needing a bunch of work. I personally think we are at that point now. I catch people stopping to look at my car. Odd. Maybe it's time for a Cayman so I can disappear.
Mueller
QUOTE(Valy @ Jan 19 2015, 07:56 PM) *

I have 0 intention of buying that car, I just want to go look at it so I can check out his other toys!

Why cannot I have a neighbor like that?!
GeorgeRud
Nice looking car, but if it's an actual -6, it might be worth more in original, stock condition. Would be a blast to drive, but I have my doubts about it bringing that sort of money.
Mueller
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jan 19 2015, 08:07 PM) *

Nice looking car, but if it's an actual -6, it might be worth more in original, stock condition. Would be a blast to drive, but I have my doubts about it bringing that sort of money.

I need to check my Powerball lotto tickets...I'd buy it with that kind of money! smile.gif
billh1963
I'm down to one 914....of all the ones I sold there are two of them I wish I had held on to!
somd914
QUOTE(Valy @ Jan 19 2015, 10:56 PM) *

Genuine 914-6? It was at one time, but not anymore...

As for prices, seems the market is up for everyone. I bought an '84 Carrera a year and half ago. Recently went looking for another for my wife; Carrera and SC prices appear to be up 15-20% since then, at least in asking prices. 930s have skyrocketed in the last two years. It even seems muscle cars are rebounding from their fall of the last 5-8 years.

I have to wonder if the ever increasing number of TV car shows isn't helping to fuel the market.
carr914
You never get prime money in the Winter to April 15th. You have to wait til the Sun starts shining in the North to wake the Buyers up
Tom
Anyone familiar with Sloancars? They have run an ad in Excellence magazine for a long time. Until June 2014, I never saw a 914 listed there in the Excellence ad. In June 2014, there was one 914-6. By December 2014, there were 4 sixes and one 914-4 and to top it off, that 4 was a 1.8. I guess prices have reached Sloancar's threshold.
Tom
Chris Pincetich
I feel inclined to share some SirAndy wisdom
"those are asking prices, not selling prices"
But, no doubt the selling prices are creeping up too.
There's a thread like this every 6 months or so, so it must be working! biggrin.gif
dudzy's914
Maybe I should hang onto mine for a year or so and get twice the money cheer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.