Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beru wires for a 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Phoenix914
I am shopping for some new ignition wires while keeping a budget in mind. Especially considering that Beru wires have been recommended by several members here, the price of this set makes them a no brainer for me. The questions is, are they the correct wires for a '73 2.0? Other vendors don't list them for this engine. confused24.gif

http://www.rmeuropean.com/Part-Number/Spar...69-ab92f84177d8

Thanks to all!
Cap'n Krusty
Those look like the ones. Short connectors. They also say they'll fit the 1.8, but they don't.

The Cap'n
Phoenix914
Cap'n, you were the primary advocate for Beru wires that came to mind when I asked about these, so thanks for your input. I was always confused about the "2 short and 2 long connectors" configuration that some of the wire sets have. They must have a purpose, but I didn't know what it was.

Looks like I will buy this set. beer.gif
Tom_T
Well Kap'n answered it, but just have to compliment you Bryan on a beautiful Marathon 73 2L! drooley.gif

That & Alaska Blue were the 2 colors I loved back when they were new, wub.gif
.... but being a starving college student 70-74 - I had to wait! sad.gif

I had to settle for the best used 2L I could find in 75, & it was (is) an early 73 MY 2L in L80E Light Ivory - which was Gold when I got it in Nov-Dec `75, Sahara Beige is under that, & I'd repainted it the 914 Copper in `76 & the 930 Anthracite Grey in `80 - which it has remained while sitting in my garage awaiting attention since the 5/85 mashing event by a sorority bimbo in the UCLA parking structure while I was in MBA classes! mad.gif

I'll be taking it back to L80E in my resto now.

IMHO - stock EFI 914s & 911s/912Es deserve quality OEM Bosch, Beru, etc. parts! biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Larmo63
Aren't the wires supposed to have seals to the tin?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 19 2015, 11:14 AM) *

They have the seals.
Phoenix914
Tom, thanks for your kind words. I'm trying to do right by this beautiful, old car, but usually there isn't enough time. My plan is to gather parts for a weekend-long tune-up and wrenching session that will hopefully get us back on the road. The time is close - I really want to drive it to Amelia Island in March.

L80E is a great color. I hope to see pictures of your car repainted soon!
Phoenix914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 19 2015, 12:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 19 2015, 11:14 AM) *

They have the seals.

They are hard to see at first glance because you see them edge-on in the picture.
Cap'n Krusty
The long connectors are designed to fit the #2 and #4 spark plugs on a 1.7 or 1.8 car, which are pretty deep inside the cooling tin.

The Cap'n
Phoenix914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 19 2015, 01:19 PM) *

The long connectors are designed to fit the #2 and #4 spark plugs on a 1.7 or 1.8 car, which are pretty deep inside the cooling tin.

The Cap'n

Reason enough for me to be glad I didn't buy one of those sets. Thanks for clearing that up.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Phoenix914 @ Jan 19 2015, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 19 2015, 01:19 PM) *

The Cap'n

Reason enough for me to be glad I didn't buy one of those sets. Thanks for clearing that up.

Those 2 wires are shorter, too, because they don't have to reach as far.

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 19 2015, 12:28 PM) *
Those 2 wires are shorter, too, because they don't have to reach as far.

And that's the main reason not to use 'em--because they're too short to fit! (Or to fit easily, at least!)

--DD
Phoenix914
The wires I have now are all too short. POS set from a flaps, when I didn't know any better. slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.