Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Garage Toys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I finally retired my old HF Bench top drill press. Long overdue.. It's built furniture, odds n ends, a few auto mods and an airplane. Purchased in 1990 and running until I unplugged it...............

Click to view attachment

and replaced it with his Big Brother. The new one is 1hp, 3/4", 16spd with low speeds starting at 200 rpm. It's nice when bits cut instead of chip at the metal. I can clamp pieces down instead of holding them by hand. I still watch pieces fly across the room but my hand ain't down there when it happens. shades.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

But this, this has changed me. Or at least my welding skills. Having owned a HF model for 4 years I was transformed when using the Miller. First thing I found is that I don't need a spot light to illuminate the area I am welding. The lens is clear glass until a spark. Not a dark shade until a spark! Plus I don't need to get within inches of the weld to see/watch my weld. I swear, between the flood light and placing my eyebrows within an inch of the arc, I though it was my vision. What a difference. Now if I can only figure out why a $150 helmet out performs a $39 helmet. slap.gif

Click to view attachment

warpig
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 19 2015, 07:48 PM) *

I finally retired my old HF Bench top drill press. Long overdue.. It's built furniture, odds n ends, a few auto mods and an airplane. Purchased in 1990 and running until I unplugged it...............

Click to view attachment

Ran when parked! lol-2.gif
Bruce Hinds
111 reasons . . .
brant
Which model of helmet and where did you buy it?
Definitely on my list of future upgrades
76-914
Amazon, $140 shipping included! It's the Miller Pro Hobby model. BTW. Good helmets have replaceable parts & batteries! So consider the HF a throw away and the Miller a life time investment.
Amphicar770
I replaced my older Miller with a digital elite and am amazed at how this technology has improved over the years. Picked mine up on one of Zoros 30% off sales with a $70 dollar rebate from Miller.
Porsche930dude
i cover the lenses inside and out with a cut up clear soda bottle. Saves money on the special ones. I dont know if you can do that with an auto helmet though
76-914
This one came with 5 spare outer and 2 inner replacement lenses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.