Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: GT style engine lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
javadog
I had this engine lid made for my 914-6 and have decided to sell the car, so I won't be needing this extra lid. There are several ways to make on of these and the design we chose for this one is a little different than most. Personally, I like the looks of it better than what Porsche did, as it is more symmetrical. It uses two stock mesh screens, one of which is slightly modified. The screens are shown loosely installed to give some idea of the finished appearance. I'll leave it up to the buyer to do the final installation. It's a little dusty from storage but it's in otherwise good condition.

I'm asking $400, plus shipping from 74137. Any inquiries to jeff.roberts@cox.net

Thanks,
Jeff

javadog
178 views, and no sale? No offers?

For what it's worth, making this engine lid is a lot more difficult than the usual "GT style" lid that you see for sale. It takes two complete lids as donors and about twice as many man hours to make it.

I'd like to sell it this weekend. Don't make me buy another 914, just to have someplace to use it...

It's a little dusty but otherwise it's in great condition. What might look like painted-over rust bubbles is actually seam sealer that was used in a couple spots, under the paint.

JR
Montreal914
Maybe you need to revisit your price idea.gif

This member vendor has been making and selling these in various configurations for a while... confused24.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=5620

Good luck with the sale.
javadog
I know about that guy. He's selling them for $350, plus shipping. His lids are made from one original lid. As I explained, mine is made from two lids and it takes longer to do it the way I did than to make one like he does. There are a lot of little details to figure out when making one of these. They aren't quite as easy as they first appear.

I suppose it's a matter of personal preference which style looks better to a person. I like mine, which is why I had it made that way. I can tell you that I have more than $400 in it, as I had a friend of mine who owns a Porsche restoration shop make it for me.

Anyway, I figured it was worth $50 more than the other guy's lids; if nothing else, that's just the cost of a second, core lid. If not, someone can make me an offer. I'm not going to give the thing away, but I'm reasonable.

Thanks,
JR
javadog
FWIW, the two biggest differences in mine and the other style are that the mesh grills attach in the same way as the stock lid, in the middle, and the crossmembers in the frame of the lid under the mesh are symmetrical on both halves. There are other differences, but that's the important stuff.

JR
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.