Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtb 1.8 or 2.0 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mikolmikol
Dont have much money, just need a healthy running engine. Anything better than my 1.8 fi thats running on 3 cylinders with less than 100psi compression that burns oils like no tomorrow that had a valve drop.. so cal area preferably thanks
bdstone914
Least expensive way to go is replace the rings and do a valve job. If you do the work your self you could probably keep it under $1000. There is another post for dome 1.8 heads that might be better than yours with a dropped seat.
mikolmikol
or maybe someone that can rebuild mine for 1k or less?
mikolmikol
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 20 2015, 10:51 AM) *

Least expensive way to go is replace the rings and do a valve job. If you do the work your self you could probably keep it under $1000. There is another post for dome 1.8 heads that might be better than yours with a dropped seat.

Do you have an idea how much it would cost to have the heads rebuilt? I have a set of mahle pistons stored somewhere
euro911
I have a 1.8L long block available. It came out of a running car and it still rotates ... Should be good for parts, or a base for a rebuild.

Would $75. fit in your budget?

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.