Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did a little engine compartment cleaning today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
Beautiful day and I had some time so I did some cleaning. Noticed what I think is an inspection sticker on the underside of the engine lid. Also can anyone tell me if the rubber bumper attached to the engine lid was just on one side or were there originally two. You can see it on one of the pics. Slowly getting it cleaned up. It already was clean....just a little dusty and oily in places. Not bad for original, huh?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=483
975]Click to view attachment
Tom_T
This post should either be in the Garage or Originality & History Forums - your choice. This is the classifieds Forum of for sale cars, & I don't think you are selling this beauty!

If you post a request of or PM to one of the Admins, then they can move it wherever you want it.

Garage gets more wide spread but still appreciative readers, while O&H gets us CW originality & concours geeks! first.gif

Yes on the inspection sticker, & you can see them clearly in the O&H Forum's nailed thread called "The few, the rare..." of all original cars, on Steve's (smg914) Sahara Biege 73 914 - for comparison with yours - which his VIN is not far off in VIN from yours too.

Moreover - YOUR 73 should also be featured in there for others' reference & drooley.gif - so please do add pix & history/info there too!

EXCELLENT Bahia Red! blink.gif wub.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
EdwardBlume
Pretty pictures. cheer.gif
JawjaPorsche
Engine lid bumper was only on one side.

Suggestion: Considering replacing those plastic fuel lines with stainless steel ones.

http://www.tangerineracing.com/stainlessfuellines.htm

Call Chris' Direct Line - (860) 647-8719

He call tell you exactly what you need for your year and motor.

Those plastic lines are over 42 years old!
timothy_nd28
agree.gif Beautiful teener! Thanks for posting. From the pictures, looks like I'm missing a few pieces on my car
914Next
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 21 2015, 09:52 AM) *

Engine lid bumper was only on one side.

Suggestion: Considering replacing those plastic fuel lines with stainless steel ones.

http://www.tangerineracing.com/stainlessfuellines.htm

Call Chris' Direct Line - (860) 647-8719

He call tell you exactly with you need for your year and motor.

Those plastic lines are over 42 years old!

Thanks. I agree. But what does one do if concerned about originality? Repro plastic lines? If the car is shown what is best and acceptable?
Dave_Darling
If the plastic is not brittle, you don't have to change it.

For shows, I bet they want the original plastic lines. Not sure if they're available any more, though.

--DD
914Next
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 21 2015, 10:41 AM) *

If the plastic is not brittle, you don't have to change it.

For shows, I bet they want the original plastic lines. Not sure if they're available any more, though.

--DD

thanks, I'll check the lines to see what kind of shape they are in.
ndfrigi
Wow nice and clean inside engine bay and I'm sure the whole car is beautiful! Share more pictures of your car. God bless!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.