Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Basket weave dash material
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
I noticed that in a couple of places (top edge of the glove box door and a top edge closer to the driver) the basket weave vinyl material on the front face of the dash no longer is fully adhered to the backing. What is the best product to adhere the vinyl again. A spray product likely won't work since it is just an area at the top edge under the dashpad lip. Thanks.

Steve
Tom_T
Spray 3M interior adhesive - preferably high temp flavor - into a cup or something & quickly use a small brush to BOTH surfaces, & keep them apart for the 1-2+ min time on the can directions, then press & hold in place. It works like contact cement, so both sides then bond.

It's worked on my 88 Westy resto!
914Next
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 21 2015, 02:10 PM) *

Spray 3M interior adhesive - preferably high temp flavor - into a cup or something & quickly use a small brush to BOTH surfaces, & keep them apart for the 1-2+ min time on the can directions, then press & hold in place. It works like contact cement, so both sides then bond.

It's worked on my 88 Westy resto!

Perfect. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.