Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Westside L.A. air cooled gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
No affiliation to this gathering, but:
This is their second gathering out this way in the Westside of Los Angeles.
The first one was devoid of 914s, but the crowd was enthusiastic with a gathering of mostly early 911s. I'd say let's show some mid engined mania biggrin.gif
The only problem is we don't know where it is until they announce it somewhere on some forum. The date is Sunday March 1, 2015Click to view attachment
'73-914kid
The first luftgekuhlt was epic, but it was not devoid of 914's... Patrick simply only invited one.. haha biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
sb914
Your parking lot?
Maltese Falcon
Ethan brings the Kühl to Luftgekühlt aktion035.gif
Marty
Maltese Falcon
Anyone interested in displaying their 914 at this gig should send in a pic+description of your teener to:
Info@luftgekuhlt.net
This is how they do it, like I said "No affiliation with this"...just a messenger. This should be a pretty good meet, as lots of Porsches converge on Socal later that week for the L.A. literature +Phoenix Club shows beerchug.gif
Marty
r_towle
Someone should get invited, then tell everyone else where it is so a mid engine invasion can happen....as it should be.
914_teener
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 7 2015, 02:00 PM) *

Someone should get invited, then tell everyone else where it is so a mid engine invasion can happen....as it should be.

I like Rich's idea Marty. agree.gif

I plan on going to the Swap at the Phoenix Club.......
oldschool
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Jan 22 2015, 11:48 PM) *

The first luftgekuhlt was epic, but it was not devoid of 914's... Patrick simply only invited one.. haha biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

wine and cheese..... av-943.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jan 22 2015, 11:29 PM) *

No affiliation to this gathering, but:
This is their second gathering out this way in the Westside of Los Angeles.
The first one was devoid of 914s, but the crowd was enthusiastic with a gathering of mostly early 911s. I'd say let's show some mid engined mania biggrin.gif
The only problem is we don't know where it is until they announce it somewhere on some forum. The date is Sunday March 1, 2015Click to view attachment

They should learn how to scan so you don't get the Moire on the car poke.gif
Maltese Falcon
...Just thinking that this is near Sony Studios /Culver City?Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Google
Culver City Arts District: you get a pretty good idea of the street boundaries:
Helms, Washington, Venice, and west of LA Cienega Bl. This covers about 1 mile sq.
The largest surface parking lot (I think) would be the Helms building, which is on Helms ave. And runs an entire block between Washington+Venice.
wacko.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 7 2015, 02:00 PM) *

+nine-hundred, fourteen LIKES aktion035.gif

thieuster
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Feb 17 2015, 05:20 AM) *

...Just thinking that this is near Sony Studios /Culver City?Click to view attachment

Now THAT would make a great T-Shirt!

Being new to this kind of thing: has this to do with the Australian Deus Ex Machine brand? At least it looks like it: 'Deus', look and feel of the pic...

Menno
oldschool
QUOTE(thieuster @ Feb 17 2015, 12:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Feb 17 2015, 05:20 AM) *

Now THAT would make a great T-Shirt!

Being new to this kind of thing: has this to do with the Australian Deus Ex Machine brand? At least it looks like it: 'Deus', look and feel of the pic...

Menno

Because I'm a custom screen printer I'm always thinking T-shirts.....yup you can get in trouble with this one rolleyes.gif
'73-914kid
Luftgekuhlt I was held at Deus ex Machina in Venice Beach. I think everyone was so happy with the artwork and vibe that even though Luftgekuhlt II isn't at Deus, the shirts and artwork will be handled by the artist from Deus.. hence the Deus logo on the rear fender.
john77
Ooo, sweet, I only live 10 mins from this. The one at Deus was walking distance from my apt, but I was unfortunately double-booked. Will definitely be going to this.
Maltese Falcon
Bandito Bros.
3249 S. LA Cienega Bl.
L.A. Ca. 90016

The building address is inset from the LA Cienega Bl. street, so map quest it !

Alphaogre
Coming from the classic bike and surf cultures, I have always loved the stuff Deus Ex Machina put out and does. Since their inception a few years ago in Aussi land, they have always had their unique style and vibe.

I like the way they are depicting/printing the 911s and Speedsters in some of the past shirts and posters. Paying $30+ for a tee-shirt is a whole different story haha

Here is a vid from the last event.
https://vimeo.com/109763259

If L.A. was not such a P.O.S. cluster to try an navigate, I would definitely make my way up to this one...
Maltese Falcon
...closer event for you in San Clemente this Saturday hosted by Bill Brewster. His new 20,000' Porsche Independent service shop. They are expecting some 500 cars. Feb.21, 2015, 11am-2pm.
The Culver City show should be light traffic on the March 1, Sunday morning Luftgekühlt show biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Socalandy
I'm going to the San Clemente event. Anyone want to form a 914 mob for the cruise down there? we can meet at Krispy Kremes at the block. there's another Porsche gathering there at 8:30
Larmo63
I was just up at Brewster's yesterday in my '73 914. They expect a pretty big turnout. There were at least 2 914s in the back they are working on. I'll be there Saturday. (don't laugh at my car, at least it runs)
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Feb 19 2015, 08:09 AM) *

I'm going to the San Clemente event. Anyone want to form a 914 mob for the cruise down there? we can meet at Krispy Kremes at the block. there's another Porsche gathering there at 8:30

Hey Andy...say Hi to Bill from Marty @ msds...a blast from the past !
Maltese Falcon
It's a rain or shine this Sunday, they are putting cars indoors + outdoors.
Hope to see some World friends there !Click to view attachment
Marty
Maltese Falcon
My favorites of todays gathering; The awesome 906
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Another view, 906Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
904Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
One more angleClick to view attachment
914forme
wub.gif
Maltese Falcon
Whittington Bros. 935, today owned by Bruce MeyersClick to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Interscope Racing #00 , driven by Danny "On the Gas" Ongais !Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Another view Interscope #00Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Ethan's cool blue 2.7 six conversion aktion035.gif sorry for the window reflection ! Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Monsieur Ojeh's (former owner of this) 930 slantnose with Kremer customization. Ojeh is also Techniques Avant Garden, TAG.
Really nice slant nose, still needs some tlc, like alignment of the foglights driving.gif Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
My luftgekühlt ride for the day, since my six was in hiding for the rainy day forecast screwy.gif
MartyClick to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Looks like this was a serious Road Trip...Mexico !
The weather stayed at a beautiful brisk March day, the clouds unloaded with rain around 3pm after most of us left. Special thanks going out to the hosts of the gathering, Bandito Bros. and Patrick Long beerchug.gif Click to view attachment
'73-914kid
This event has pretty much become the premier aircooled Porsche gathering in the whole state. I don't think you could have a better gathering of people and cars. Race Car drivers, celebrities, awesome people, and even one really broke college student, all mixed into one event with Porsche's thrown into the mix. Can't get any better.
oldschool
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Mar 1 2015, 07:55 PM) *

This event has pretty much become the premier aircooled Porsche gathering in the whole state. I don't think you could have a better gathering of people and cars. Race Car drivers, celebrities, awesome people, and even one really broke college student, all mixed into one event with Porsche's thrown into the mix. Can't get any better.

You're not that broke lol-2.gif .......Ok maybe you are blink.gif
colingreene
I have my doubts.
Big Len
You made Jalopnik.
http://carstories.kinja.com/luftgekuhlt-2-.../+matthardigree
pete000
Great to see some 914 sprinkled in the mix ! I had no idea this show was going to be so big !

Maybe next year I will have a car running....

Next up the Phoenix Club Swap meet and car show next Sunday !!!!
Maltese Falcon
This pic taken at Culver City intersection of Washington +La Cienega on the morning of the show; Whittington Bros. LeMans winning 935 being street driven home from Luftgekühlt by its new owner Bruce Meyer biggrin.gif
I wonder if Bruce was running his front license plate lol-2.gif
This pic would make a great T Shirt...anyone thinking of a Caption ?!
Marty

Click to view attachment
Mueller
"hmmm, silly truck, these are real flares"
pete000
Some great 914's

Love the metal strip look and Knock off's !

And a nice orig six...
Maltese Falcon
But officer, it's all stock just the way it came from the factory...trust me.Click to view attachment
Mike D.
Here's a few more. This was an incredible show.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

AND Mine, out of focus, of course dry.gif
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.