Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914-6 Heat Exchangers Incoming!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Per Schroeder
Hi All,

We have a new production batch of concours-correct heat exchangers for the 914-6 incoming. They will be here mid-March, but we are accepting PreOrders now for this shipment. There is a limited quantity of these being made, so if you want them--it would be best to get on the list now.

More Pictures can be seen here:
http://www.stoddard.com/sic-211-005-00.html

IPB Image

The heat exchangers are made of stainless steel tubing with galvanized steel exchanger shells. They are coated in a factory-appearing grey. They are being sold as a set for $2995.

More exclusive 914 and 914-6 parts will be announced shortly.

Per Schroeder
Stoddard
sbsix
Just pre-ordered my set. These may be Dansk OE but Stoddard's not sure right now. The fact that Stoddard is offering them is a great indication of the quality.

Per Schroeder
QUOTE(sbsix @ Jan 23 2015, 02:26 PM) *

Just pre-ordered my set. These may be Dansk OE but Stoddard's not sure right now. The fact that Stoddard is offering them is a great indication of the quality.

We partnered with JP Group / Dansk for this limited run…. copying the original tooling.
sbsix
Thanks for the information Per.
mepstein
QUOTE(Per Schroeder @ Jan 23 2015, 02:00 PM) *

Hi All,

We have a new production batch of concours-correct heat exchangers for the 914-6 incoming. They will be here mid-March, but we are accepting PreOrders now for this shipment. There is a limited quantity of these being made, so if you want them--it would be best get on the list now.

More Pictures can be seen here:

The heat exchangers are made of stainless steel tubing with galvanized steel exchanger shells. They are coated in a factory-appearing grey. They are being sold as a set for $2995.

More exclusive 914 and 914-6 parts will be announced shortly.

Per Schroeder
Stoddard

Very nice. Thanks for the info
johnhora
These were the ones I had been referring to in other posts. As you can see from the pictures and description these are OEM quality.
Mark Henry
So I take it 1-3/8"?
Cairo94507
Wow- they are beautiful. I see a set of those in my future.
JmuRiz
Very nice! I've never seen a stock set, didn't realize the stub height was different for each side.
Hopefully there are some left when I can save up for them...

Per, add me to the list, any idea of the time-frame?
Per Schroeder
We had a set on display at the events this past weekend--lots of positive feedback.

The first batch (sold out) is now in this country and we should be receiving them shortly. We're working on bringing in a second batch now.
Cairo94507
I have sent Per Schroeder a email asking about the possibility of making larger 1 5/8" tube heat exchangers for the bigger Six engines out there. How cool would that be?
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Per Schroeder @ Jan 23 2015, 12:00 PM) *

The heat exchangers are made of stainless steel tubing with galvanized steel exchanger shells.

Were these the original construction materials? Galvanized steel and stainless steel are at opposite ends of the galvanic chart which means they corrode when in contact and in the presence of water.

idea.gif
raynekat
Anyone know what size ID the primaries are on these?
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(raynekat @ Apr 3 2015, 05:34 AM) *

What do you mean exactly? The diameter of the pipe at the muffler side (left side in the photo) is around 4,7 cm (should be around 1,85 inch).

6freak
the price on a original set is gonna go way up IMO

3k for a set of repops blink.gif WTF

smile.gif
sbsix
Just received my order from Stoddard this afternoon!
raynekat
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Apr 3 2015, 02:39 AM) *

QUOTE(raynekat @ Apr 3 2015, 05:34 AM) *

What do you mean exactly? The diameter of the pipe at the muffler side (left side in the photo) is around 4,7 cm (should be around 1,85 inch).

The ID of the primaries or headers coming out of the engine.
My engine builder doesn't think they are big enough to even support a 2.4 six without getting bogged down at higher RPM's.
Rothsport knows a lot about 911 engines and the size of headers they need to thrive.

Perhaps "sbsix" can measure his since he now has them in hand? smile.gif
sbsix
I'll measure tonight and get back to you.
sbsix
Primaries are 1 3/8"
dug
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 3 2015, 08:14 AM) *

smile.gif

Hahaha... Originals... You're hilarious:)
bretth
They look great but I am surprised they didn't make the shells out of stainless too. Thin sheet stainless doesn't seem to be much different to form than plain steel in my limited experience. Maybe it is harder to form into shape when using a press?

Brett

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 19 2015, 12:50 AM) *

The heat exchangers are made of stainless steel tubing with galvanized steel exchanger shells.

Were these the original construction materials? Galvanized steel and stainless steel are at opposite ends of the galvanic chart which means they corrode when in contact and in the presence of water.

idea.gif

mb911
QUOTE(bretth @ Aug 3 2016, 04:46 AM) *

They look great but I am surprised they didn't make the shells out of stainless too. Thin sheet stainless doesn't seem to be much different to form than plain steel in my limited experience. Maybe it is harder to form into shape when using a press?

Brett

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Mar 19 2015, 12:50 AM) *

idea.gif

I think they look great and would be fine for smaller engines or you go with these for larger engines.Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
Any updates on the Stoddard heat exchangers from those who have installed them?

How was fit, and clearance? And how is it, having heat? biggrin.gif
6freak
QUOTE(dug @ Aug 2 2016, 10:26 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 3 2015, 08:14 AM) *

smile.gif

Hahaha... Originals... You're hilarious:)

I just happen to have a set of OE that look brand new in my attic so yes their still around
smile.gif
horizontally-opposed
And...time for an honest question: Looking at these welds in the pics on Stoddard's site, I wonder if it would be worth giving them to a speed shop to fill/clean up/port match?

Thoughts?
Maltese Falcon
...hard to unSee this type of QC on the finish of an exhaust component sold by a high calibre parts house; even have your logo watermarked in the product pic. I can really see the disconnect between the retailer and the manufacturer right there blink.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 25 2017, 08:51 PM) *

...hard to unSee this type of QC on the finish of an exhaust component sold by a high calibre parts house; even have your logo watermarked in the product pic. I can really see the disconnect between the retailer and the manufacturer right there blink.gif

Spot on
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.