Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: boxster 5 speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
got914?
Im tossing around the thoughts of a 5 speed over the 6 as they are much more affordable.

Ive read these 5 speeds have issues ?
What am I looking at ? or getting into ?

I wouldnt be anything over 300 HP...
SirAndy
It's torque that kills transmissions, not HP ...

I running 300+ HP and around 280 lbft through a stock 901.
driving.gif

PS: I don't use 1st gear and take off in 2nd instead. So far, so good, it's been almost 8 years.
damesandhotrods
If you’re looking to be the next Ronnie Sox or Dick Landy you are going to find most Porsche products pretty disappointing. If you’re going to drive like more of a Derek Bell or Mark Donohue then there is hope.
Mike Bellis
I'm running 300+ on a Boxster 5 & 6 speed with no issues. I do always ease it in/out of 1st gear. I don't really romp on it until the 2/3 shift.
andys
The Boxster 5 speed is the same transaxle as the Audi 012 5 speed used in front the drive Audi.

Andys
Maltese Falcon
A good 30 to 40 minute full speed track run in the boxster tends to turn the transaxle housing blue: good idea to get some sort of Trans cooler going on. If you are just running short DE's, don't sweat it. As far as how much bhp/Tq. the boxster Trans will withstand 300, 400, 500 I don't know.
Marty
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(damesandhotrods @ Jan 23 2015, 06:43 PM) *

If you’re looking to be the next Ronnie Sox or Dick Landy you are going to find most Porsche products pretty disappointing. If you’re going to drive like more of a Derek Bell or Mark Donohue then there is hope.

Dick Landy (the late ) in his business office /with signature cigar driving.gif Click to view attachment
damesandhotrods
The quarter mile crowd has been running Nash’s and Lenco’s for a long time. If you want clutches and manual gearboxes it calls for the way back machine, besides I figured that Bob Falfa and John Milner would be too esoteric…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.