Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of the rustier 914's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dudzy's914
I go by this almost everyday and had to take a picture. Private property so I was limited. I am going to try to contact the guy and get the vin. Looks like it was pulled out of the woods welder.gif
Cairo94507
Wow- Terrific find. That appears to be a really rusty 914. I love that you are 15 and you already have an eye for these little gems. I hope you can find one that you can buy for your first car. It is a lifetime of passion.
AvalonFal
At least he's keeping it covered!
dudzy's914
I believe that it is an early 1.7l. Everything is there, the question is, is any of it salvageable? May get a few hundred in parts, but the body is probably scrap.
poorsche914
Looks like Marathon Blue so... '73 or '74
Fogs = Appearance Group so probably has $way bar$ and perhaps a center console confused24.gif

driving.gif
bdstone914
Only thing i see of value are the early fog lights. It steering wheel if original and pre 72 will be worth some money too. Not a good starter car project.
green914
Little or no rust ... smoke.gif
mepstein
surface rust, nothing structural. ran when parked. good restoration candidate.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 24 2015, 10:54 AM) *

surface rust, nothing structural. ran when parked. good restoration candidate.

Yes, if you have deep pockets! biggrin.gif
dudzy's914
It does have center console. It is an appearance group package. May be worth a few bucks in parts w00t.gif
VegasRacer
Click to view attachment
mepstein
I saw this one in person
rgalla9146
excellent gaps
TJB/914
piratenanner.gif
Yea, they are out there sitting along side of the road in MI.
Ran when parked. confused24.gif
Tom
porbmw
There is another area of salvageable parts not discussed.

Cars that rust tend to have been driven/owned in areas that had wetter climates.

Wet climates indicate more cloud cover.

More cloud cover helps preserve vinyl and other bits of the interior.

Often more difficult finding good interior parts...eg dashes....than mechanical or body parts.

Tarps may promote rust, retained moisture, but may preserve other bits and pieces
Porschef
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 24 2015, 11:45 AM) *

I saw this one in person

Mike, that car was in Jersey, no? Did anything become of it? The Fooks look good. The rest not so much.
Cuda911
Maybe it has an original radio? I could use one of those, if I can find a good one super cheap.
mepstein
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jan 24 2015, 02:25 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 24 2015, 11:45 AM) *

I saw this one in person

Mike, that car was in Jersey, no? Did anything become of it? The Fooks look good. The rest not so much.

Yes. She sold it. If I could have bought the Fuchs for a couple hundred I would have but she wanted to sell the whole car and it wasn't worth it to me. No east way to get it onto a trailer, too much work for little return except tetanus maybe.
mepstein
QUOTE(porbmw @ Jan 24 2015, 02:09 PM) *

There is another area of salvageable parts not discussed.

Cars that rust tend to have been driven/owned in areas that had wetter climates.

Wet climates indicate more cloud cover.

More cloud cover helps preserve vinyl and other bits of the interior.

Often more difficult finding good interior parts...eg dashes....than mechanical or body parts.

Tarps may promote rust, retained moisture, but may preserve other bits and pieces

Problem is the mold that developed. Seller of the blue car said the interior could be cleaned up. Lol. I could smell the mold from 20 feet away.
bakerj
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Jan 24 2015, 12:01 PM) *

piratenanner.gif
Yea, they are out there sitting along side of the road in MI.
Ran when parked. confused24.gif
Tom

Twofer! 914 and International Scout! aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ Jan 24 2015, 07:15 AM) *

I believe that it is an early 1.7l. Everything is there, the question is, is any of it salvageable? May get a few hundred in parts, but the body is probably scrap.

Be sure to add your find to the VIN database. You can link a picture from your thread here. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.