Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found a MIG welder is it the right one ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914GTSTI
Found a Miller 221 MIG. Is this a good choice for replacing the floor panels on my 914 build ? Been used for 25 min's.Guy got sick and needs to sell it. $950

I have stick and TIG. But think I need to add a MIG for this work.
Randy
Amphicar770
QUOTE(914GTSTI @ Jan 24 2015, 11:37 AM) *

Found a Miller 221 MIG. Is this a good choice for replacing the floor panels on my 914 build ? Been used for 25 min's.Guy got sick and needs to sell it. $950

I have stick and TIG. But think I need to add a MIG for this work.
Randy

Assume you mean a 211 as a MIG? Great unit but you can pick them up new for just over a grand.
Mueller
The lower range of the welder might not be low enough for car sheet metal.

Can you give it a test run at his house and make sure you don't blow too many holes in some thin sample parts?
toolguy
Brand new they are only 1200.. complete setup with cart and free shipping.
http://store.cyberweld.com/mi211aumigwe.html

Millermatic 211 MIG Welder Auto-Set with MVP and Small Cart 951375
Code: 951375

Availability: Usually ships the next business day

Mfg Industrial Price: $1,485.00
Cyberweld Price: $1,192.50

Millermatic 211 MIG Welder Auto-Set with MVP and Small Cart 951375
Mark Henry
They are MSRP $1159

Yes it will work well, but unless you need one that size a 120v 141 or a Lincoln 140 is all you really need for sheet metal.

Bit cheaper at around $650 to 780 with full 3 year warranty.
914GTSTI
Miller said its good for 22ga. to 3/8". I was thinking bigger is better as long as it can do the thin stuff.

When I was trained MIG was only in factory settings. So I will need to train myself.

I found new for $1079 with free shipping. Welders Supply Co. But was thinking its here and almost new ?
3d914
Sounds like GOOD FIT. Still be smart to try before you buy.
Enjoy.
mepstein
I would offer 1/2 price for a used item. No warranty.
rnellums
Eastwood has a small mig that can be bought for 300 shipped. It's been sufficient for all my needs so far.
MMW
Does it come with extras? Helmet, gloves, bottle of gas, wire? These all add up, a used bottle runs $125 when you can find it & new ones are $250+ for an 80 cu. ft. Factor that into the price. The 3 yr. warranty is transferable. Goes from purchase date so get the receipt from the guy.

From what I have heard the 211 is a great machine.
bulitt
I have a 211. It's awesome. It will crank right down for thin metal. Runs on either 110 or 220. Think I paid 999$ with a promotion last year with free helmet.
914GTSTI
The owner was a little stiff today.

So,I will go with a new one. Thanks for all the helpful input !
mgp4591
QUOTE(rnellums @ Jan 24 2015, 01:11 PM) *

Eastwood has a small mig that can be bought for 300 shipped. It's been sufficient for all my needs so far.

Just bought the Eastwood 135 with a gas regulator and hose shipped for 230.00. 3 year warranty and sale price is 199, welds up to 1/4 inch which should be enough for most any job needed on the car. Can't wait to fire it up, should be here within the week! welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.