Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911SC seats into 914...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Wellp, I've cut the first rear support bar that will lift the rear of the seat up and also attach to the stock 914 "hinges" on the floor. I'll start some welding in a momen, as I have to put tabs on the bottom to mount the two together. Sorry for lack of pictures, digital camera not accessible.

Turns out I will have enough room for the seats in the seatwells. Only problem is on the driver's side, I dont think i'll have room for my parking brake handle. Any suggestions? Maybe moving it up about a foot so it clears the seatwell completely? Wonder if that's possible...
xsboost90
put it between the seats?
Aaron Cox
offset the driver seat toward the middle......

but .... WHY are you doing this? unsure.gif screwy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ Feb 5 2005, 07:34 PM)
put it between the seats?

agree.gif move it to the center ...

oh, and just in case you need a reminder ...
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
SGB
seriously reduce length of handle.
You won't have as much leverage, and you will have to figure out how to deal with the release button function, but I have read before that moving it between the seats is very difficult.
Brando
thanks for the pointers on the handle. I think i will offset the drivers' side on the bracket i've made to the right (center) tomorrow. My progress tonight has been hindered because i need 2 bolts that have the same threading as the bolts that hold the normal buckets to their rails. Except about ½ an inch longer. Hardware store, here I come! Also will be needin more oxygen for my benz-o-matic home gas welder. One bottle only lasted me one bracket sad.gif And Aaron, you got it right. I'm doing this because i'm a bit screwy.gif. Actually it's to make driving the car more comfortable. 911 seats in leather > 914 seats in pleather when it comes to comfort. Also i think i could put together a quick kit if anyone else wanted to do this sort of thing. Instructions, brackets, bolts... all they would have to supply is the seats. Could be made out of steel (same as i got) or taken to a nearby machine shop and made from billet aluminum. Steel would probably be better in the safety aspect, though.

Pictures will come tomorrow, after i get one bolted in.
Sammy
Only a gud idea fer people who arent vertically blessed.
With a stock 914 seat there's not much headroom for someone 6'2", put a 911 seat in there and it gets much worse.

Iffn the driver is well under 6', it would be a good fit, a 911 sport seat would be even gooder but they are worth more than gold.

Another option would be to sell the used 911 seats, buy two brand new aftermarket seats, and pocket the rest of the $$ left over.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Sammy @ Feb 6 2005, 11:57 AM)
Only a gud idea fer people who arent vertically blessed.
With a stock 914 seat there's not much headroom for someone 6'2", put a 911 seat in there and it gets much worse.

Iffn the driver is well under 6', it would be a good fit, a 911 sport seat would be even gooder but they are worth more than gold.

Another option would be to sell the used 911 seats, buy two brand new aftermarket seats, and pocket the rest of the $$ left over.

mucho better idea dude smilie_pokal.gif
Sammy
Il like the stock 911 seats fer comfort but they are lacking in lateral support,
when I go racin I take out the stock seat and install my Ponzie racing seat, fits tight like a glove and gives another inch of head room.
jd74914
agree.gif I don't think anyone over 6ft tall could fit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.