Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD.....FS / '72 Driver in good condition.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
J0n52 914
I have a 72 driver to sell. It is red and has 1.7L with Weber carb swap and the tranny is upgraded to the better shift style (I believe 75 tranny upgrade). New Brakes all around, new battery, new starter, ignition switch recently replaced, cap rotar, coil, wires & plugs, points, etc replaced in last year. Tires have tons of tread on them, full sized spare. She looks good with clean interior and solid in the trunks and under the battery where normally rotted out on these. This has repairs done to the pans and I am told the laterals have the reinforcements put in too.

It needs driver side sail panel looked at/replaced (have the part no time to do the work)... I drive it now and get looks and tons of compliments.

I am listing her for $6400 obo, cash talks

I can send pics if interested. I am in FL and they can ship her right out to you if interested, daughter getting married...

Includes some extras like:
driver's side sail panel
set 5 steel wheels
spare set of rocker panels
Misc odds and ends left over from regular maintenance

More Pics here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/cpdm6pjaa8sn1yx/...HFmbm0dikLZk8Sa

Jon
J0n52 914
I had some questions so I thought I would share some more info:

Here are the answers you seek.

What is the actual color of this car? Currently Magdela(sp) Red from a later model think '75 Which number?

Engine:
How does it start, run? Starts right up and runs well. Currently with the cold weather it likes to warm up a bit, I think the carb jets could be tuned to adjust for this.

Any smoke, idling issues?No smoke, the idle is fine but at about 1000 rpm, it just needs an adjustment. I think the jets being tuned may help this too, it was setup in warmer weather.

Any modifications? This car has the shift linkage changed to the newer version which has fewer issues from the original. I forget if it went from a rear linkage to the side or vice versa but it was setup to the newer setup to take the slop out.

What condition is it in?Brutal honesty here. She is in good shape. Nice driver. I like taking her over to the river and hitting the Seafood place with the wife and taking a leisurely drive home. She drips a little oil when she sits, she has indications of needing the driver sail panel replaced as I mentioned and on the rear trunk she has a bad spot where people usually push down to close the trunk and cause a dent. When they repainted her last they filled the depression with filler and it has started to release and cracked the paint. I have a magnetic Sign over it to keep moisture out and hide the ugly. I have a quote for $400 to have it taken down, repaired and repainted to match. There are some minor chips in the paint on the front hood from rocks kicking up. The rocker panels need new spacers and screws (just a time thing not a big deal). If you look at her in the normal bad areas she has solid looking seems in the front and rear trunks and under the battery tray. She had the laterals replaced up north where she is from by a 914 shop. 914Ltd in Peoria, IL. The interior looks great with the exception of the normal crack on the dash and the silver button popped off the tach needle. These are cosmetic and can be corrected. The Center console had a bad tray and the skin was split so I put in a micro sub and subwoofer so she has full range sound when listening to tunes on the drive. The rims are new repops of the Fuchs, I kept the steel rims and they are included.

What work has been done on it since you have owned it or that show in the records? I have had the car just over a year. She had some upgrades when I got her like the tranny upgrade and also an electric washer fluid pump put in but all original washer tube is in place. She has had the carb swap done at a local garage where the owner had a 914, works on buses and owns a few single cabs and busses so he knows the engine. New brakes all around were installed and a fluid flush was done. Plugs, points, coil, ignitions switch, rebuilt Bosch starter, plug wires, oil changes, transmission fluid changes and some seals were replaced over the past year. I put POR15 on the underside of the car and then coated it with under coating on the pans and the wheel wells. When the carb swap was done I customized the fuel run. There is an in-line electronic fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure gauge and a sight filter. I put them in to look pleasing when viewing the engine compartment.

When I got her she was missing the rain catch under the engine lid so I got one and had it installed.

Electrical
Lights, radio, wipers, heater, blower all work? I pretty much covered most of these. I was teased by a local Porsche mechanic who worked on 914s when they were new and he thought it funny that I keep the heat working and I live in FL. Lights go up and down and work. Radio is great. Blower works too.

Glass and chrome..condition? Chrome and glass look good to me. I think the side and rear view mirrors could use replacing if you want perfection. They have the old look of some fog or buildup in the layers between the glass but work just the same.

Has the vehicle been in any accidents? I think so, looks like it was it in the back possibly. I base this on the center panel having some waviness to it. Looking at the inner wheel wells in the rear and the quarter panels she looks good though.

Do you have all the maintenance records? I do not have the records. This was bought by me and shipped to FL from IL. The 914Ltd shop in Peoria IL is where it came from and they did the work on it prior to my buying it. The last owner passed away and they sold the car for the widow.

I want who ever gets her to be happy and drive her. Please feel free to ask any more questions.

beerchug.gif
wachuko

Still for sale? Contact information? Craiglist link is not working

I am here in Orlando, FL as well. I have a friend that is looking to buy one.
J0n52 914
QUOTE(wachuko @ Jan 28 2015, 08:52 AM) *

Still for sale? Contact information? Craiglist link is not working

I am here in Orlando, FL as well. I have a friend that is looking to buy one.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4819225859.html

Yup, have a few inquiries but waittin on an offer.
Try this link for pics
Okay here are the pics I have.

Use this link to see current pics of the 914. Imperfections.

Notes:

-the first three show the underside before I put POR15 and undercoat on the under belly. You can see the surface rust I was treating and dressing up.

-5-9 show the engine when I had it pulled to get the main seals replaced on the tranny and engine

-12 shows an imperfection int he passegner door

-in the 13 pic you can see the imperfection on the trunk above the 9 in the 914 logo

-39 shows the dash crack

-40 shows the deco button on the tach

-43 shows the sail panel issue

-69 shows the area under the battery tray was dirty and not rusted

70 & 71 - show the engine running

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4cki36w9rlhn3ue/...YE5pimpSOa?dl=0

J0n52 914
Sale Pending

2-5-15
Schlefi
Already sold?
J0n52 914
QUOTE(Schlefi @ Feb 6 2015, 11:59 AM) *

Already sold?

Nope, back on the market.

Interested?
J0n52 914
Still available, the last offer fell through.

Schlefi
Did your friend, the car looked?
J0n52 914
Still available. Just drove her yesterday, she is still alot of fun.
Schlefi
Want next week to buy a car at Merit Cars. Does anyone know the company?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.