Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: going rate on a 915 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
got914?
I got quoted 3000 at a local yard ? 2500 plus 500 core
whats an average price ?
Mike Bellis
Seems like a reasonable price to me. I have seen them for less and I've seen them for more.
914Sixer
Put a want to buy over on the Pelican and see what comes up. One just sold today for $650.
Steve
Depends on the year. Some are in more demand than others. I paid $800.00 three years ago for an 86 trans. However it needed $5k worth of parts to rebuild it. Buyer beware....
Dr Evil
Wait, $3000 for a core? You mention $500 for a core? Are you looking for a rebuild? I do those for way less than $3k.

Pretty common to get a 915 for around $800, unknown condition. With some patience you can get them for a little less, but not usually much.
GeorgeRud
One just sold on the BirdBoard for $650 ( unknown condition).
pdlightning
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jan 25 2015, 08:27 PM) *

One just sold on the BirdBoard for $650 ( unknown condition).

I paid 900 and when it was rebuilt, it was in great condition. I purchased a higher R/P for my conversion and that was three times the cost of the Trans! OUCH!
Mark Henry
I'm thinking $2.5K is the rebuilt unit, plus a $500 core charge. So $3K for rebuilt 915 with no core.
The price is OK but it still doesn't include the cost of installing it into a 914 with linkage and shifter.
And does that price include flipping the diff?

The 915 is going to be expensive. The conversion kit is another $3K, I've seen one Velios kit selling for $1K
My opinion is, although it has it's place as a 916 trans style conversion, it's not the greatest box and it's just a tad spendy. Just a tad...
got914?
This is a wrecking yard transmission.
Dr Evil
So, you are selling and looking for a value, then?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(got914? @ Jan 26 2015, 11:47 AM) *

This is a wrecking yard transmission.

Ohhh blink.gif then I would pass...

mike914 (Colbourne ON) sold a core one last year for $800

Really you need a plan and budget before you start buying stuff, gets expensive if you buy the wrong stuff.
Dr Evil
Ya, you can drop stupid $$ not knowing what you are doing with a 915. 914 trans is much cheaper. Dont rush, get a plan, then source parts and wait for deals. At Hershey I think that most are going for around $700-800.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.