Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Autometer 5" in dash tachometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
'73-914kid
For Sale:
Lightly used ATM 3990 tachometer. I used this in my car for a short period of time(6 months), and then picked up a factory 911 tach and replaced it.

This is an excellent upgrade over the stock bouncy tach, and will work with any variation of cylinders, or ignition systems. It is extremely smooth, and doesn't look horribly out of place with the black face, white numbers, and orange needle.

This tach fits right into the factory hole, and has proper studs and mounting tab, unlike the pedestal mount most people purchase and wedge into the factory hole.

While I did use this in a -6, the new autometers are switchable from 4, 6, or 8 cylinders instead of how you had to cut specific wires previously, and then you were stuck.

These are $180 new from summitracing.com. I figure $130 plus shipping is a fair price for an essentially new tachometer.

IPB Image
Blue6
Can a shift light be connected to it? If so, I'll take it. Dave
wes
Put me in line after Dave!
Wes
'73-914kid
Dave,
I do not believe that the tach has any plugs or terminals that would facilitate the connection of a shift light as a part if the tach.. although I'm sure one could be integrated externally, but I suppose that defeats the purpose for you...

Let me know what you think.
Ethan
chads74
if all fall through please let me know. I have been wanting one for a long time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.