Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to gauge the cost of rebuild for 2.0 djet....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
My motor is tired, burning a good bit of oil.
it is a 75 2.0 d-jet with close to 150k miles and i have a lot of records from P.O's but nothing about ever having head work, valved or rings done.

I know the cheapes way would be to pull heads, make sure the seats are good, put in new valves and just put new pistons/ rings on .

Many have probably read my thread of recent issues with not starting etc, but the car when running really runs good. drove to work today and since the TPS MPS and CHT replacments there is good smooth acceleration thru the 3k to 6k with no hesitations or skips now. - just blowing a bit of oil and i know at Octeenerfest Peter and others following me said when i was pushing hard it was blowing out the back pretty good, -
Cant tell you how much oil, but seems to be more than a quart in 1000 miles.
using Valvoline VR1 20/50 racing oil ( has the proper ZPPD).

So what are some of the things i need to plan for as i build a build sheet - im looking 6 months down the road and saving up----

but my initial thoughts are to go 2056 and stay with d-jet, or maybe later go to megasquirt etc. - same cam, etc.
76-914
Phil, I put appx $2800 into a 2.0 rebuild 3 yr's ago. And that was w/o P&C's which were new and reusable. That being said, I can't imagine I would go this route again. McMark can build you a 2056 for $5G
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 26 2015, 11:50 AM) *

Phil, I put appx $2800 into a 2.0 rebuild 3 yr's ago. And that was w/o P&C's which were new and reusable. That being said, I can't imagine I would go this route again. McMark can build you a 2056 for $5G

I've thought of that--- AND since his 1.7 turbo is working out so well, i was contemplating just the stock 2.0 if cylinders are good, new pistons and rings, and add that turbo to , or even 2056 + turbo. would probably be plenty fun right there. If i did that i would not miss my boxster much...
JmuRiz
Wasn't that $5k price about 7 years ago? Maybe check with Mark to see how much it is now. If it's $5k still, do it!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.