Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: We Braved The Elements and
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
We just had to chance the pass over Mt. Hood and it wasn't too bad. Our little Corgi Boy was waiting in Tumalo with the rest of his brothers & sisters (7 in all).
We had an idea of which puppy we wanted but not for sure since the first time we saw them they were just 2 weeks. Gotta wait 3 more weeks before we can pick him up... sheesh! it''ll be a long wait.

....b
Bruce Allert
This is what we braved. T'was beautiful in spots. Added an extra hour tho....

....b
SirAndy
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Feb 5 2005, 10:59 PM)
Gotta wait 3 more weeks before we can pick him up...

wow! your cat looks like a tiny dog ...

beer.gif Andy
KaptKaos
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 5 2005, 11:06 PM)
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Feb 5 2005, 10:59 PM)
Gotta wait 3 more weeks before we can pick him up...

wow! your cat looks like a tiny dog ...

beer.gif Andy

Cat?!?!

It looks like a squirrel! chairfall.gif

EDIT: I am sorry - I couldn't help it. I am sure it is a fine dog.
Joe Ricard
Damn look at that bottle brush for a tail.. You can teach him how to clean deep dish Fuchs while you wash the car. lol2.gif
davep
As a breeder of miniature poodles I know how important the first few weeks are to the development of the dogs personality. Most puppies do not go out until 8 weeks at the earliest. We prefer ten weeks to allow the personalities to develop properly. It is less important when the new home already has a few dogs to interact with. Even so, we have had a few homes where the dog has bonded with the owner to such a degree that the dog has seizures when left alone even, although in the company of other dogs, for very short periods.

So, just be patient, it is far better all around. Congratulations on the new addition.
Bruce Allert
davep Posted on Feb 6 2005, 07:17 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a breeder of miniature poodles I know how important the first few weeks are to the development of the dogs personality. Most puppies do not go out until 8 weeks at the earliest....

although in the company of other dogs, for very short periods.

So, just be patient, it is far better all around. Congratulations on the new addition.  

Joe Ricard Posted on Feb 6 2005, 06:39 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damn look at that bottle brush for a tail.. You can teach him how to clean deep dish Fuchs while you wash the car.  

The lil' guy has been going thru socialization almost since he was born, what with the constant in & out of the 7 prospective parents! The breeder is holding the official beginning of the pups social this week at 5 weeks old. We're getting him a 3 days early of 8 weeks. By then he will have seen Rotties, Berners, Beagles, Borders, Puka's and maybe a helicopter cool.gif along with other noise makers!

Dave, We're currently working with a couple Standard Poodles at the Guide Dog Campus training them to be Guides to see if they will fit in with the rigors of guide work. They are being tried for their non-allergenic capacities due to some of our students medical issues. They are totally awesome dogs. Their personalities and intelligence are A-1 smilie_pokal.gif So far it's pretty positive.

As for the bottle brush tail.... the other puppy behind him does throw the implication of a giant tail... that's funny biggrin.gif

Here's is the pup with Mom in back.

....b
Rhodes71/914
Funny how there is finally some new snow in the Cascades but it looks like the grass is turning green in Tumalo already.

Oh yeah looks like your going to have a great little dog there.
Seagrave
Yeah, the first weekend you pick for the trip there is actually some snow up there. Compare this year to last. You'da had to gone over in your SnowCat. Nice pup.
elwood-914
Sheesh, I troll with bait bigger thatn that!! Psst, can I take your dog fishin?
davep
Back on topic, we deal with the local Dog Guides of Canada. They have used our stud a few times and even bought one of our mini bitches to add to their breeding program.

I think the most important part of socialization is for them to interact with their siblings. First off they must know how to interact with other dogs. Then they need to learn discipline, mostly from their mother. I have seen so many dogs that don't know how to act like dogs because they went to their new homes too early.
redshift
ohmy.gif laugh.gif boldblue.gif LOOK AT HIM!

I seriously need a new dog, what a sweetie!

Bruce, that picture of the snow is about the most beautiful picture I have ever seen.

M
Bruce Allert
Watching all 7 of the brothers & sisters romping in their x pen was great. And to sit in the middle of them was even finer laugh.gif To see them play, bark & growl at only 4 weeks, I couldn't get over how quickly they begin that. It's been a few years since I've seen puppies this young. Usually we have them on campus when they are at least 10 weeks. 20 at a time in one big pen... now that's really fun.

Socialization with other dogs & people is deffinetly #1. To watch our guides in training during play time in the community run is really cool. 10 to 15 male & female 14 to 16 month olds romping without aggresivness is a real show. Of course the trainer (alpha) is right there just in case.

That's great that you're connected with helping the Guide Schools in Canada. If you're ever in the area be sure to stop by.

....b wavey.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 6 2005, 02:52 PM)
ohmy.gif laugh.gif boldblue.gif LOOK AT HIM!

I seriously need a new dog, what a sweetie!

Bruce, that picture of the snow is about the most beautiful picture I have ever seen.

M

Hey M,
Kathleen took that thru the windshield. We came around the corner & both of us went WOW! She said pull over & take a picture. Ya, Right! With a line of cars behind me & no shoulder. She grabed her new Christmas digi camera and squeezed off that shot just as the light went away. Plus, it was her last frame!!! ohmy.gif Just got lucky smilie_pokal.gif

....b
redshift
Magic could only happen just like that..

What a gift!

M
gregrobbins
SWEET!

We had our Corgi for over 12 years before we finally had to put him down. What a great dog. Enjoy.

We now have a Carrin Terrier and she is teriffic too.
Tom Perso
My wife says you should name him "Gremlin"

Later,
Tom
Bruce Allert
We're actually having a hard time naming this little guy. What I like she doesn't & vise versa but there are some we agree on but can't seem to make them fit. Any Ideas??

He makes perfect eye contact & seems to look right into you with unwavering eyes!

....b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.