Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 2.0 Midstream Restoration Project FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jtoedtemeier
Unfortunately, the time has come for me to stop working on this project. A 1973 2.0 which we have worked on for a couple years to meticulously restore. The car has been brought down to bare metal, GT Flares are installed, rear bumper fitted, all body work complete. Zero damage on the car. Trunk pan was also replaced. The link to the craigslist ad is below, which has pictures and additional description. This project is at the perfect point to complete in the new owner's vision. I am not 100% set on a selling price. It has a lot of money in it at this point, which I do not expect to recoup all of. However, I would like an offer that reflects the money and effort that has been put into it to a reasonable level. I'm asking $10,000. Thanks!

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4867874173.html
etcmss
your price?
mepstein
$10k on the Craigslist ad.

Not a bad price if all the metal work is done.
jtoedtemeier
QUOTE(etcmss @ Jan 31 2015, 04:03 AM) *

your price?

etcmss, I'm asking $10,000. All of the body work has been professionally done by very good body guys, and it is within a couple hours of being ready to sit in a paint booth.
914runnow
Wow Kool...
how did this one get by our local group..??
Anyway free offer to anyone that wants a PPI on it..
would like to go see the car anyway..
if the owner is up to it..
Rx
jtoedtemeier
QUOTE(914runnow @ Jan 31 2015, 11:38 AM) *

Wow Kool...
how did this one get by our local group..??
Anyway free offer to anyone that wants a PPI on it..
would like to go see the car anyway..
if the owner is up to it..
Rx

Thanks, 914runnow. I'll show it any time, and appreciate it! I actually was not aware of the local group before. Not sure how I missed it either.
gcrotvik
That's a great deal!! The shell alone is worth 10k.
mepstein
I like this
jtoedtemeier
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 31 2015, 01:22 PM) *

I like this

Thanks. Yeah, that stage of it was my favorite. Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to get the camera faced the right way to get a wide angle for some reason. I didn't download them until after the primer was on, so I never realized I'd only got the half-view.
bobt4945
great looking project to bad i am so far away, good price. glws
RFoulds

Can you explain what was done with the rear bumper? I didnt understand from the ad.

"The rear bumper has been metal finished and fitted to the body to remove the original vinyl cover and allow for paint. "
jtoedtemeier
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Feb 2 2015, 11:12 PM) *

Can you explain what was done with the rear bumper? I didnt understand from the ad.

"The rear bumper has been metal finished and fitted to the body to remove the original vinyl cover and allow for paint. "

RFoulds,

Originally, there was a vinyl covering over the front and rear bumpers. Due to the thickness, the bumper was spaced further away from the body. We removed the vinyl cover and adhesive, polished the bumper, and fit it flush to the body. The intention was to Paint the front and rear bumpers body color. However, the rear could also be chromed if that was the desired look. The original chrome beneath the vinyl had discoloration and small traces of rust, so we removed the chrome and prepped for paint for that reason.
jtoedtemeier
I wanted to update with some current photos from today that outline the status of the project better that what was included in the craigslist ad. I will be adding pictures of more parts and pieces as I begin to package them for shipment with the car. There has been some strong interest in it, but it is available until someone claims it, which has not yet happened. The link to the album is below.

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/jtoedtemeier/library/
914runnow
QUOTE(jtoedtemeier @ Feb 16 2015, 11:01 PM) *

I wanted to update with some current photos from today that outline the status of the project better that what was included in the craigslist ad. I will be adding pictures of more parts and pieces as I begin to package them for shipment with the car. There has been some strong interest in it, but it is available until someone claims it, which has not yet happened. The link to the album is below.

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/jtoedtemeier/library/

I have an A/C pan cover.. for the hole in the front
trunk if interested..if you are having that welded in..
Pm Me...lemmeno..Rx
jtoedtemeier
The car has sold. Thanks to everyone for the interest!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.