Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Admin Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
Hey admin--how do I change the topic description to reflect an update to the topic??? confused24.gif
seanery
you can't only an admin can.
jwalters
sad.gif mad.gif Well that just sucks a big donley doohicky--- screwy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (jwalters @ Feb 6 2005, 10:03 AM)
sad.gif mad.gif Well that just sucks a big donley doohicky--- screwy.gif

or, you could just ask nicely and one of the admins will change it for you ...

dry.gif Andy
jwalters
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 6 2005, 01:30 PM)
QUOTE (jwalters @ Feb 6 2005, 10:03 AM)
sad.gif  :angry:  Well that just sucks a big donley doohicky--- screwy.gif

or, you could just ask nicely and one of the admins will change it for you ...

dry.gif Andy

lol2.gif I was just being phasicious ( sp? ) no ill will to anybody--I apologize for giving that impression--

I am making so many updates and discoveries that I want it to get a wide dissemination-I want to think it might help the noobies and old farts alike-if I just keep adding to it--most people on here will have no clue that I have updated it--

So if you guys do not mind---I will be putting in updates on a daily average from now on--should I contact just one of you??

My plan is to put this : "Update: As of 4 Feb 05 @ 0630 "

Not now--but as I update of course--you see what I mean--this would be beneficial to allot of update posters-- beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
There are 3000+ members of this board. Most have ongoing projects that have lasted for years, and will run into more years. I don't think Admin has time to change the titles on every one of those threads, everytime someone post about a new phase of thier rustoration. Just start a new thread or add to the old one. We will see when new posts are added and check them out. Maybe.
jwalters
Yea--that is good and all--but in doing so, you are essentially negating the story as a whole--I mean--I really do not want to post 100+ links to previous postings so people that need the info or are just curious use up all the precious time that is thiers on thier projects,,, up--

Know what I am getting at??
SirAndy
QUOTE (jwalters @ Feb 6 2005, 11:11 AM)
Know what I am getting at??

gint's rust-o-raution thread has been going on for 2 years, every time he has updates, he just adds them to his original post.
that will bump the thread back up on top of the first page and people read the news.

seems to work fine that way. no need for a gazillion individual threads.

plus, you can always edit the first post of your thread while you update it. in that first post you can easily change and display a running "Date" ...

wink.gif Andy
jwalters
biggrin.gif But I want it MY way! lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

Ok, case closed--I will do like you suggested--BUT..my way is still better--nah nah--- lol2.gif

Hey, also glad to hear of your problem being fixed--I just new it was a two dollar part / method---great news! beerchug.gif
McMark
How about an online journal? Ready sometime next month. wink.gif
jwalters
QUOTE (McMark @ Feb 6 2005, 03:42 PM)
How about an online journal? Ready sometime next month. wink.gif

biggrin.gif Dude--that is awesome!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif happy11.gif beer.gif cool_shades.gif beer3.gif wub.gif wub.gif cool.gif wub.gif

I am going emoticon happy--- cool_shades.gif pray.gif pray.gif boldblue.gif wub.gif idea.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif rocking nana.gif drunk.gif monkeydance.gif
jd74914
next month you say. thats awesome smilie_pokal.gif
Jeroen
if it's a thread you started yourself, you can edit the title...
go to the very bottom of the page
open the pulldown menu "moderation options" and choose "edit this topic"
jwalters
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Feb 7 2005, 09:14 AM)
if it's a thread you started yourself, you can edit the title...
go to the very bottom of the page
open the pulldown menu "moderation options" and choose "edit this topic"

dry.gif No can do there buddy--it only does a delete thread option--no choosing edit topic--- confused24.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE (jwalters @ Feb 8 2005, 01:18 AM)
No can do

You're right, I just checked, and that's not an option for non-admins
Sorry, I thought it was...

You're shit outta luck then laugh.gif
jwalters
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Feb 7 2005, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (jwalters @ Feb 8 2005, 01:18 AM)
No can do

You're right, I just checked, and that's not an option for non-admins
Sorry, I thought it was...

You're shit outta luck then laugh.gif

lol2.gif flipa.gif lol2.gif cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.