Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommendations for Car Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ehokana
With any luck I'll be getting my '73 back from the body shop within the month, and I was considering getting a car cover for it. The car will be kept in the garage, so an all-weather cover is unnecessary. Ideally, I'd like to find a cover that is fitted to the car or fits fairly tightly.

Anyone here have any recommendations, or perhaps the opposite?
pete000
I really like Cover King silver guard. I have had great luck and the fit is really good, not cheap though.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ehokana @ Jan 29 2015, 05:01 PM) *
Anyone here have any recommendations

My girlfriend made this for me ...
biggrin.gif

IPB Image
cpavlenko
That b a real kewl cover. w00t.gif
Big Len
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 29 2015, 08:16 PM) *

I really like Cover King silver guard. I have had great luck and the fit is really good, not cheap though.

Agree w/ Pete. I have the same and can use it outside too, but is not waterproof.

But for strictly indoors, try this - http://www.covercraft.com/cartlink/index.p...cl-tab-overview

Form fitted, soft, not cheap but awesome product.
theleschyouknow
California car cover came with mine & I like it. totally custom fit -you can tell its a 914 even with the cover on. mines not waterproof but they have several materials to choose from
can't remember what material mine is but it's <$200
full on water/weather proof maybe $300 or a little more
good customer service too had mine on the car without the targa top on and my dog fell thru and tore it ccc first sent a free 1x1 sample piece that wasn't big enough to mend then I bought 1 sq yd which they had no problem with and even gave me some pointers about fixing it
good cover good people
ymmv
ellisor3
+1 on California Car Cover. Different versions for indoor and outdoor use. Fits very well
KELTY360
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 29 2015, 05:23 PM) *

QUOTE(ehokana @ Jan 29 2015, 05:01 PM) *
Anyone here have any recommendations

My girlfriend made this for me ...
biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Love the cover, but it needs a mohawk on the top. shades.gif
Amphicar770
If you just want a generic cover then ebay works.

For best prices on beautifully made custom covers give Steve Behnke at Murphy's Motoring a call. I have bought 3-4 covers from them and have been extremely satisfied. I Have a red cover for the 914 that is sort of a soft spandex cotton which fits like a glove. Perfect for garage storage. Steve will let you know pros and cons of various options.

Steve Behnke" email is webtoes64@yahoo.com
I think this phone is current but not sure

(414) 529-8369
P.O. BOX 618
Greendale, Wisconsin 53129-0618

My only affiliation with them is as a satisfied customer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.