Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about lenses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KickinRocks77
Hey everybody, I bought a set of lenses off ebay and recieved them yesterday, my question (forgive me, I'm new to 914's) is should they lay flat when I set them on a flat surface? the reason I ask is when I pulled them from the box and set them on the table they rocked back and fourth slightly, like the mounting surface side is the shape of a rocking chair? is this the way they are supposed to be?

thanks,
ford.
scotty914
need more detailes, which lenses. if they are front turn signals, i little rock is okay, they will seal, if a lot then who knows.

more details and pics of them on a flat surface would help
xsboost90
no but once mounted up they will prob twist back.
dmenche914
Niether the side marker, nor front turn lenses are dead flat, they are curved to fit the body, and the rubber seal makes up for any slight gaps. For the side markers, there is a up/down right/left orientation, a left could be used on the right, but it would have to be mounted upside down, but still not be looking exactly right
The front lenses are one type for either side, there is an up and down to at least the two tone (yellow/clear) lenses, unsure if there is an up or down on the all yellow lenses other than the fine print lettering orientation.

dave
SirAndy
QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Feb 6 2005, 07:46 PM)
The front lenses are one type for either side, there is an up and down to at least the two tone (yellow/clear) lenses, unsure if there is an up or down on the all yellow lenses other than the fine print lettering orientation.

yepp, turn signal lenses are not flat at the back but they will fit flush once mounted.
the amber lenses still have a divider line where two tone would be.
the smaller portion of the two (divider line down) goes downwards.

wink.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.