Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AA Selling on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mike Fitton
lionel_atlanta is the seller ID for AA on Ebay, so if you are interested in something that is listed by this seller be sure to do your homework and ask for additional close-up pictures. Check out this speaker pod they currently have listed and be sure to zoom in on the picture and check out the crossbars. Read the small print that says there are no threaded inserts on the inside to connect the speakers to. Says 1 has been sold, I feel sorry for the poor sap, classic AA!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-factor...ef4&vxp=mtr
914Sixer
They have been selling there for years!
euro911
"Finally a reasonably priced speaker grill enclosure to replace that beat broken tined one of yours! An exact replica of the original part ..."

$80. for that POS? screwy.gif

Cairo94507
That borderlines fraud.
raynekat
That is truly horrible.
mepstein
QUOTE(raynekat @ Feb 2 2015, 10:41 PM) *

That is truly horrible.

George tried to defend the poor quality on his website, i mean 914club
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?show...ker+grill\

I'm sure his pics are very low quality to prevent you from seeing what you are really purchasing.
Mike Fitton
My take on this item is it was 1st attempt on making these and they turned out like sh*t so instead of tossing them in the garbage he is selling on Ebay to unsuspecting victims. How can anyone defend this place?
budk
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 3 2015, 08:43 AM) *

My take on this item is it was 1st attempt on making these and they turned out like sh*t so instead of tossing them in the garbage he is selling on Ebay to unsuspecting victims. How can anyone defend this place?

I'm not defending AA although I have bought a few parts from them without any problems, but they are not my go-to parts. What I don't understand is the bashing mostly by folks who probably have not had any interaction with George or AA... seems like a bunch of jumping on the bandwagon.

Here's a thought, if you don't like AA or some of the things that George has been accused of in the past.... then don't buy parts from him.

BTW- the pictures were not blurry on my screen. Not a product I would buy but if you need them they would likely be better than nothing... again, buyer beware just like everything else in life. JMFO
euro911
I have dealt with George extensively over the years. Try setting up a group buy if you want to get to know the man.

I have no particular issues with George, but some of the used parts his employees peddle on eBay are absolute junk, and not worth the prices asked.

He is probably too busy to keep an eye on every aspect of the business, specifically those eBay listings.
Mike Fitton
This is almost comical, where does it say these are reproduction? Rare opportunity only 30 sets at this price!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-rear-U...=p2056016.l4276
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 5 2015, 11:08 PM) *

This is almost comical, where does it say these are reproduction? Rare opportunity only 30 sets at this price!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-rear-U...=p2056016.l4276

30 sets available it says in the description but 9 sold and 9 available is listed as the quantity. The picture makes them look nice. And is is a spring special in the middle of winter !
Mike Fitton
Why take the time to take pictures of this part. What would you possibly do with it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-right-...=p2056016.l4276
7TPorsh
Ha, I was looking for where it says "Speaker Not Included."
rhodyguy
The rusted speaker terminals keep the 914 theme going. What a pos.....OH! I get it! AA runs an ad with a brief description of the actual part for sale, then write a short story (another ad) detailing how AA is selling off the bone yard. 2fer deal. Clever.
Cairo94507
Some day, many decades from now, we will wish we had bought those nice speaker housings for our 914's.
Mike Fitton
Can someone verify that George is still involved with AA? He can't be! With all the POS parts listed on Ebay with their fictional stories it would be too embarrassing for him right?
rhodyguy
Seriously? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
malcolm2
$48 for 2 non OEM ones

Unless you HAVE TO HAVE original, buy 914 rubber's version. They are new, take a larger speaker, they are cut to fit any speaker, they fit the car perfectly and you can use the speaker's grill and not worry about kicking the tines out of the OEM version. Plus they are on sale 2 for $48.

I have never had a lick of "major" trouble with AA or it's owner. I even get a 10% discount, if I remind him. Hell, the guy even answers the phone sometimes.

I am sure there has been some bad blood spilled with some who have been involved much longer than me.... I mean this forum started cause of one, right? blink.gif Thank you for that. piratenanner.gif

I do like to read all the slaps and digs tho.

johnhora
stirthepot.gif barf.gif yellowsleep[1].gif

Please use freely.....

Click to view attachment
racerbvd
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 10 2015, 07:32 PM) *

Can someone verify that George is still involved with AA? He can't be! With all the POS parts listed on Ebay with their fictional stories it would be too embarrassing for him right?

You clearly don't know the asshole do you, he has been lying like this for decades, all well documented.

Anyone else remember when he did a "rip-off" of Groit's Garage, full of stories how his father raised him and his "brother" to appreciate the finer things in life, ect, course, for that catalog, he had a different last name, and his "brother" was someone who worked for AA, no blood relations at all, just more flat out lies, and who can forget when the Lying POS "Found" a stash of 916 seats in the basement of PCNA, of course, Porsche never had 916 seats, just another fairly tail that georgie made up. With all the people he has screwed over, over the years, I don't see how he is still walking.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Feb 11 2015, 09:03 AM) *

$48 for 2 non OEM ones

Unless you HAVE TO HAVE original, buy 914 rubber's version. They are new, take a larger speaker, they are cut to fit any speaker, they fit the car perfectly and you can use the speaker's grill and not worry about kicking the tines out of the OEM version. Plus they are on sale 2 for $48.

I have never had a lick of "major" trouble with AA or it's owner. I even get a 10% discount, if I remind him. Hell, the guy even answers the phone sometimes.

I am sure there has been some bad blood spilled with some who have been involved much longer than me.... I mean this forum started cause of one, right? blink.gif Thank you for that. piratenanner.gif

I do like to read all the slaps and digs tho.

Malcom,

AA had nothing to do with the Split. He bought the club site a year or two later. that site was already dead though. and you can't revive a dead horse.

Mike Fitton
What part of this is restorable? Actually what part of it is even usable?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-late-914-7...7ee&vxp=mtr

I don't want anyone to miss out on this stuff.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 15 2015, 06:52 PM) *

What part of this is restorable? Actually what part of it is even usable?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-late-914-7...7ee&vxp=mtr

I don't want anyone to miss out on this stuff.

Hey! That's just patina. I'm sure the steering shaft is usable if he includes it.

Read his negative feedback. It would be worth buying some of his crap to keep driving his rating lower leaving negative feedback.
Rob-O
Took me about 23 years or so to make another purchase from George. Made some purchases in 1990/1991 (pre-internet!) and got a bad taste. Gave him another shot in 2013 or so and it was still a mess.

Some of the stuff he wants to create (speaker grills and upper dash pads) are great ideas, but you better have some engineering experience or hire somebody who does if you want to get it past prototype stage. While it sounds like a great business plan to have some third world manufacturer pump these out for $.05 each and you sell 'em for $80.00 a pop, it doesn't usually work that way.

I was all about getting this dash pad he was having made a few years ago. Until I actually saw the pics he posted on his site (a full two or so years later than his anticipated "they'll be ready on xxxxx" date). I can tell you from those pictures that he is light years from having a product that matches the factory quality. And that's saying a lot, because while Porsche is known for quality, I think we could all agree that most of the components on our cars wouldn't be considered high end in today's automotive world. Take that in for a minute....with all of the technology available today, AA is still a long way from matching the quality of a 40 year old plastic part.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm mystified how AA could have fumbled the opportunity to own the entire market for aftermarket 914 products. It was there for the taking back in the late 80's. Yes there was Automotion, Performance Products, Tweeks and others, but they weren't 914 centric.

I just use Pelican and Mikey nowadays.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.