Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - /4 Header or bare HE's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ThePaintedMan
I've been looking for a 4->1 header for sometime but never came across anything. Hoping someone might have something in their stash. If not, I might also consider some OE style mild steel HEs, preferably a CHEAP set that perhaps the tin has rusted off of. If parts are ugly, no big deal - more important is the price with the baby on the way. Thanks!

-G
rdgabert
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 3 2015, 09:49 AM) *

I've been looking for a 4->1 header for sometime but never came across anything. Hoping someone might have something in their stash. If not, I might also consider some OE style mild steel HEs, preferably a CHEAP set that perhaps the tin has rusted off of. If parts are ugly, no big deal - more important is the price with the baby on the way. Thanks!

-G

Hello,

I have the both heat exchangers and stock muffler for a 912E.

I bought them a while back to have for spares but I don't know if I will ever need them.

When I get home I could get you some pictures of them if you'd like.

I'm not certain how much to ask for them but would welcome an offer.

Regards,
Robert
rdgabert
Sorry, wrong thread.

Robert
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 3 2015, 09:49 AM) *

preferably a CHEAP set that perhaps the tin has rusted off of. If parts are ugly, no big deal - more important is the price with the baby on the way. Thanks!

-G

George - I might have what you need. Let me check the storage unit. It might be a day or two before I get there.

They are original steel without the heat exchanger tin. Kind of look like headers... smile.gif

I was running them on my car before I got the Kerry Hunter set.

Pictures when I find them.
euro911
I just sent two sets of 1.7L bare head pipes off the the scrapyard sad.gif

Sorry ...
bdstone914
Not sure i have much to help but do you need the 2.0 or 1.7/1.8 type to match the muffler? The 2.0 and 1.8 have bigger pipes.
ThePaintedMan
Thanks for the responses guys. I totally forgot about the difference between 1.7 and 1.8/2.0 HEs. I have a 1.7 (I believe) muffler that I bought from Kev awhile back, but I'll need to verify that for sure. I'll post back once I figure it out.

I'm eventually planning to do a Suby conversion with this car, which is why I don't want to spend too much on an exhaust for the time being. Currently I have a couple of late-style HEs with glasspacks welded onto them. While they're nice and loud, I know it's not the best solution in terms of power. Again, ideally I'd like to find a used header setup first, so I'm in no rush with this one.
scotty b
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 4 2015, 09:48 AM) *

Thanks for the responses guys. I totally forgot about the difference between 1.7 and 1.8/2.0 HEs. I have a 1.7 (I believe) muffler that I bought from Kev awhile back, but I'll need to verify that for sure. I'll post back once I figure it out.

I'm eventually planning to do a Suby conversion with this car, which is why I don't want to spend too much on an exhaust for the time being. Currently I have a couple of late-style HEs with glasspacks welded onto them. While they're nice and loud, I know it's not the best solution in terms of power. Again, ideally I'd like to find a used header setup first, so I'm in no rush with this one.

I think I may have a decent set. I'm SURE I have some with good pipes but patched up tins. I MIGHT could bring them to Amelia if you're going to be there, but I need to figure out who is driving what down before I can gurantee that
barefoot
I don't have a 4 into 1 set, but have a 4 into 2 set for cheap.
here's what it looks like, using 75-76 headers with custom U bend straight back set-up.
We are traveling from Charleston SC to the Keys on Feb 15th or 16th, so could arrange to meet somewhere along there.
Here there are: (L & R are mirror images)
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
George,

This is what I have.

Kansas 914
This is image #2.

Click to view attachment
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 4 2015, 02:58 PM) *

This is image #2.

Click to view attachment

Hey there Kansas 914. Gvie me a shot at the bare 1.7 pipes. I just tried to buy OBX headers and the retailer reports that OBX has discontinued them. SO I have some bare 2.0 pipes and a 1.7 Monza exhaust that are not dimensionally compatible. Your 1.7 bare pipes could get me running again. Would need to ship to 90802. Sad to hear that a couple pairs out here just went to the scrap yard....
euro911
Did you dig those out of my recycle barrel? poke.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 4 2015, 05:50 PM) *

smile.gif

It is a classic look!
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 5 2015, 07:21 AM) *

smile.gif

It is a classic look!

really now, please consider me if thepaintedmain doesn't want them. I'm willing to purchase them and hopefully the shipping to 90802 won't be even more than the price. I can certainly use them and don't need heat. I thought that the 1.7 and 1.8 HE's were the same dimensionally, but bdstone indicated the 1.8s are a bigger diameter?

Bummed that euro911 is nearby and recently sent some to scrap. I was trying to go the OBX header route, but OBX and retailer Sparktec stopped selling apparently because they were worried about design patent issues. waiting to hear from anyone with bare 1.8 pipes.
rhodyguy
George, that muffler is a OEM 1.7/1.8? Which ever, it is for the up swept flanges and the exhaust exits on the correct side. Cleaned up and painted/coated in the original color, it's prob pretty desireable in CC circles.
euro911
QUOTE(marksteinhilber @ Feb 5 2015, 09:22 AM) *
smile.gif

It is a classic look!
really now, please consider me if thepaintedmain doesn't want them. I'm willing to purchase them and hopefully the shipping to 90802 won't be even more than the price. I can certainly use them and don't need heat. I thought that the 1.7 and 1.8 HE's were the same dimensionally, but bdstone indicated the 1.8s are a bigger diameter?

Bummed that euro911 is nearby and recently sent some to scrap. I was trying to go the OBX header route, but OBX and retailer Sparktec stopped selling apparently because they were worried about design patent issues. waiting to hear from anyone with bare 1.8 pipes.
Sorry, I didn't think anybody would ever need/want them and they were just taking up space.

The 1.7/1.8L are the same size ... the 2.0L are larger diameter
funk
sparktecmotorsport sells a set of 4to1 headers called obx headers I think I looked them up from the Google search Porsche 914 obx headers because when on the site and you go to Porsche you wouldn't be able to find them if you know what I mean. these are stainless and cheap like under 300 best i've seen. europeanmotorworks is making them now but they are over 1000 bucks good luck
ThePaintedMan
Thanks Mike, if MarkSteinhilber wants them, it sounds like he could use them a little more than I can. I was just kind of putting a feeler out there.

I was thinking of going either route so I can eventually buy a wideband O2 sensor and dial these carbs in using technology. I've got it pretty close by feel and reading the plugs, but I really need an exhaust that meets up in one point or another (i.e. a header) to make the sensor work the way it should.

Thanks for reminding me Kev, you're right, that muffler really is in great shape. I think if I do end up finding a header that works I'll clean it up and sell it to someone who can use it more than I. I'd hate to drill and weld it for an O2 bung.
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 5 2015, 01:17 PM) *

QUOTE(marksteinhilber @ Feb 5 2015, 09:22 AM) *
smile.gif

It is a classic look!

Sorry, I didn't think anybody would ever need/want them and they were just taking up space.

The 1.7/1.8L are the same size ... the 2.0L are larger diameter
thanks for the info on the dimensions. I have a 1.8 motor, bare 2.0 exhaust pipes with heat tins stripped, and 1.7 Monza muffler that does my piece together. So I was trying to get OBX headers, but they are not being made anymore due to patent issues says Sparktec. So now I'm thinking 1.7 bare pipes or used headers. You couldn't have known euro911. May have a line on used headers, but hoping something local and cheap may turn up just to get the car running and driving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.