Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB- Fiberglass speaker pods left and right
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
These are the fiberglass speaker pods that you can mount the round 6-1/2" speaker in. A direct replacement for the stock ones. So if yours are nice set them aside, and get more sound as simply as using a screwdriver.

I have some other GBs' I will be posting you may want to combine that are completely new.

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.
Who wants them?
rjames
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 3 2015, 10:02 PM) *

These are the fiberglass speaker pods that you can mount the round 6-1/2" speaker in. A direct replacement for the stock ones. So if yours are nice set them aside, and get more sound as simply as using a screwdriver.

I have some other GBs' I will be posting you may want to combine that are completely new.

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.
Who wants them?

Interested....pic?
sean_v8_914
ill take 2 sets please.
913B
I am in for 1 set

Got pictures biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
These are great and fit perfectly. Even with 6 1/2 " speakers, I can't hear much with the top down, but at least it sounds better than the original oval speakers.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Feb 4 2015, 11:34 AM) *

These are great and fit perfectly. Even with 6 1/2 " speakers, I can't hear much with the top down, but at least it sounds better than the original oval speakers.

Now don't go putting any Boxter wheels on your car. smile.gif
bigkensteele
In for a set.
mgp4591
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
914forme
I'm in for 1 set please, what else is going to be a GB?

Please say fiberglass bumper tops, please say fiberglass bumper tops piratenanner.gif
Mikey914
I just got back to my crash pad aft 4 days and will be out in the morning, I can have Blake get these posted up tomorrow.
The other GB is pretty cool too.
More to follow Friday morning when I'm off.
Blue6
In for a set also. Thanx
Vysoc
I would like a picture and I am in for a set please.

Danka,

Vysoc flag.gif
budk
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Feb 5 2015, 07:57 AM) *

I would like a picture and I am in for a set please.

Danka,

Vysoc flag.gif

There are pictures on his website.

I'm in for a set also but am waiting to hear about the other GB's. Any update on getting the wiring harness parts?
rfinegan
Im in for a set...
-Robert
jcd914
I'm in for a set smile.gif
kid914
In for a set for sure.
beerchug.gif
GeorgeRud
They look like they belong, though it's hard to see in this photo.Click to view attachment
Rotary'14
I'm in for a set too.

-Robert
Mikey914
Pics today along with the other goodies that will be posted fro GB.
-Mark
BeatNavy
Sorry to be so thick but is this about the appearance, being able to more easily source and install a better quality speaker, or both? I know people have installed better quality speakers but I seem to recall that they had to modify that housing at least a little, and the options that will fit are somewhat limited, right? It does seem 6 1/2 inch round speakers are readily available...

My 14-year old daughter, who loves to ride around with me with the Targa top off in warm weather blasting the music, will be very happy if this will improve the sound, and, if so, I'm definitely in for a set.

Thanks Mark!
napasteve
I just ordered a set. Thanks Mark.
palmer_md
I'm interested. What is the status of this gb?
gryphon68
How deep a speaker will these hold?
Mikey914
You can do 2-1/2 easily. You can even cheat them out if you want to use a spacer on the front. I have some 3" ones I plan to install in a few weeks for prep on WCR car.
Pics as promised.
A 5" hole saw makes quick work of it or mark and use a Dremmel tool.
speed metal army
These are the fix. Love mine. Awesome product! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.