Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog lights - what else?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
hey guys

got me some Pilot driving lights to put in. The car has a wire running by each of the fog lights. I have the fog light switch.... what else do i need? a relay right?

run me through the steps of wiring these bad boys smile.gif where the relay goes....wiring etc

BTW- these lights are sittin on SS Camp914 Brackets biggrin.gif
Trekkor
Uh...we don't a/x at night confused24.gif

MattR
Actually we do. During the summer PCA is planning on running some auto crosses at night down here because its too hot during the day.

And aaron doesnt autocross anyway. He just likes his porta potty to look "good" (but he wont paint it... go figure)
Aaron Cox
i do alot of night driving. and we will have AX's at night like matt said. smilie_pokal.gif

matt.... soon as i have some dough.... the car will get painted. go back to cleaning out rust on your 914 and 912 dry.gif
Trekkor
glow in the dark cones?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (trekkor @ Feb 6 2005, 07:14 PM)
glow in the dark cones?

uh.... our venues have lights rolleyes.gif
scotty914
okat its easy bolt them in, plug them in. then dig around by the fuse box ( above it ) and find the wires for the switch, plug it in.

done

until you want to get them running on both high and low beams, thats simple too. above the fuse box trace the white/blue wire that goes to the fog light relay. there are two white blue wires one goes to high beams, the other goes to the fog light relay. cut off at the fuse the one that goes to the relay and ground it. then there should be a wire piggy backed on the low beam fuse, move it to either the running light or an ign controlled fuse, which ever you do is what has to be on for the lights to work. mine is hooked to the running lights so i dont leave them on

done also
Aaron Cox
what would i have to do to make them run independant of headlights, ie: on by themselves??

also- can a 55amp alternator handle highbeams and fogs? ohmy.gif
scotty914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 6 2005, 09:41 PM)
what would i have to do to make them run independant of headlights, ie: on by themselves??

also- can a 55amp alternator handle highbeams and fogs?  :o

re read the second part of my post headbang.gif

and lets see

55 watts = amp * volts or
55/12= 4.6 amps per bulb
so 4.6 * 4 (# of bulbs ) or 18 amps

now for giggles

55 amps = watts * volts (12)
or 660 watts, so much for a big loud radio

ps i am sorry i am a master electrician and could not help myself
Demick
Here's the whole story for rewiring your fog lights:

http://members.rennlist.com/demick/fogrewire.html

Demick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.