Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 sighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
Just saw a red 914 in the movie Intolerable Cruelty w/ George Clooney. He was riding in it.
rick 918-S
Saw one in the movie "Carrie" As they were pulling up to the High School.
Hammy
I saw one on a late 80's show of Cops (favorite show)

They were taking some crazy drunk woman in.. Sadly, the 914 was in the impound lot biggrin.gif
Gustl
I remember quite a long time ago when I watched an old TV-Series "The Streets of San Francisco" there was a yellow teener in a scene when Detective Lt. Mike Stone and Inspector Steve Keller followed a suspicious guy, driving on this big bridge (don't know if Golden Gate or Baybridge?)
xsboost90
that movie w/ chevy chase where they go on a family vacation, through the desert in a station wagon, stop at a gas station and there is a white 914 w/ a surf board sticking out of the passenger seat.

zouo
Couple more:

Cheech & Chong - Up in smoke - Outside the venue for the battle of the bands. There's a white 914 in the traffic.

Rancid Aluminium - There's a black '71 1.7 (?) which features heavily in this film.

Thief - When James Caan gets arrested a blue 914 passes by.

Le Mans - 914/6 GT

I have all these on DVD so can grab some stills if anyone is interested?
MarkG
Roxanne w/Steve Martin has shots of several exotics parked on streets of Nelson - including a white 914 and red Ferrari 308.
morph
Was watching a Lifetime movie, I can't remember which one, and there was a scene from the Hospital lobby and you could see through the large glass windows in the parking lot, right up front, was a red 914.

HIEDI
Ray Warren
I was skipping through the channels the other night and came
across the old movie "CAR WASH" and there was an egplant 914
driving by the coffee shop.
xsboost90
there was a discovery channel coverage of a train wreck in the 80s that led to a underground fuel line eruption burning about eleven houses up in a fire storm...there was a black 914 in a driveway in the news footage..not burned luckily.
airsix
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Feb 7 2005, 11:52 AM)
Was watching a Lifetime movie, I can't remember which one, and there was a scene from the Hospital lobby and you could see through the large glass windows in the parking lot, right up front, was a red 914.

HIEDI

I thought you were James posting and I was about to give him a hard time for watching Lifetime! laugh.gif

-Ben M.
Brent
I saw one on an old rerun of Hawaii 5 O. I keep watching those whenever I can to see what episode, or any others are shown.
Birgit
Pretty funny....I just saw the movie Intolerable Cruelty on Friday night and was amazed to see that it was a 914 they were driving. A bit too much wind-action though. rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
on the show rockford files, beth davenport drove a yellow 74
Brent
Aaron, you're too young to know of James Gardner and the Files. Did you catch him on Leno recently? He's in his 70-80's and still looks like he can kick my ass.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brent @ Feb 8 2005, 02:14 AM)
Aaron, you're too young to know of James Gardner and the Files. Did you catch him on Leno recently? He's in his 70-80's and still looks like he can kick my ass.

its the only thing on at night LOL....

yeah,... hes gettin up there in age rolleyes.gif
ws91420
Intolerable cruelty is on HBO Signature right know.
BenNC
Saw a documentary on racing in the late 60's early 70's on speed today. Hosted by Paul Newman. About half way through that had a charity pro-am in Canada. 7 914-6's. A lot of cool shots and a couple of funny ones. Somebody was having a helluva time finding 1st, and Wilt Chamberlin trying to get into a 914 was definitely worth the price of admission. laugh.gif

Sorry, can't remember the title. It was one of their Autorotica series.

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (BenNC @ Feb 19 2005, 09:39 PM)
Saw a documentary on racing in the late 60's early 70's on speed today. Hosted by Paul Newman. About half way through that had a charity pro-am in Canada. 7 914-6's. A lot of cool shots and a couple of funny ones. Somebody was having a helluva time finding 1st, and Wilt Chamberlin trying to get into a 914 was definitely worth the price of admission. laugh.gif

Sorry, can't remember the title. It was one of their Autorotica series.

and as he pulled away from the pits...... he NICKED reverse! LOL (tail shifters blow) laugh.gif

how long into intolerable cruelty is teh scene?
skline
It when they were driving to his house to stop the hit man. Its a red 914-6.
sj914
Saw a white one in a music video once on MTV. must of been around the '80's.
Maltese Falcon
The George Clooney scene in the red 914 sounded like a six. The scene that followed was a classic: George arrives at his Ex's crib with a buddy (lawyer). There's a hit man in the house lurking around in total darkness...and when the hit is about to come down-the hit man (apparently an asthmatic) sprays George with the inhaler and at the same time pops a 9mm cap in his mouth , mortally wounding himself ohmy.gif
Hitman went by the name "Weasy Joe"
Wonder if the 914 actually belongs to one of the actors...Seinfeld used his 959 in an Amex TV commercial once.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Feb 20 2005, 06:29 PM)
The George Clooney scene in the red 914 sounded like a six. The scene that followed was a classic: George arrives at his Ex's crib with a buddy (lawyer). There's a hit man in the house lurking around in total darkness...and when the hit is about to come down-the hit man (apparently an asthmatic) sprays George with the inhaler and at the same time pops a 9mm cap in his mouth , mortally wounding himself ohmy.gif
Hitman went by the name "Weasy Joe"
Wonder if the 914 actually belongs to one of the actors...Seinfeld used his 959 in an Amex TV commercial once.

red 914... brakes to a halt...... hitman was funny smilie_pokal.gif laugh.gif
415PB
Saw one in Money Talks with Charlie Sheen and Chris Tucker. It is when they road block the bridge in the beginning for the getaway. It even shows the license plate number.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.