How do you edit a topic?
Trekkor
You can only edit if you have special ADMIN powers... icon22_2.gif
kermit
I used them a few years ago to powder coat all my engine sheet metal:

West Coast Powder Coating
165 Mitchell Ave, South San Francisco
650-871-0400

The owner is a Porsche enthusiast - that's gotta be a good thing.
McMark
Andy, Britain, and Ed (tiim5) all know of a place in Redwood City (or thereabouts) whos name escapes my right now.
mightyohm
I think the name is Accurate.
McMark
That's the one.

Oh and I fixed your topic. wink.gif
neo914-6
Randal,
Britain uses these guys: Whomever you use and depending on the color, how about arranging a volume discount?

Accurate Powder Coating
Work: (650) 802-8180
Fax: (650) 595-2950
E-Mail: wwwmkw@aol.com
940 American Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
Britain Smith
Randal...you should just call me with your list of questions.

I have all my stuff at Accurate powdercoaters two streets over from WEVO. They do awesome work and have both a beadblasting booth and an over big enough to put a car in. The guy's name is Warren and he is a great, nice guy. Hayden, Brad, and Scott Yeaman all use him...he is the best in this area no doubt. I should be getting all my stuff back this week, but here is the gloss black I picked up on Friday.

-Britain

user posted image

user posted image

And here is the transmission I had him blast with aluminum oxide and then glass bead blast.

user posted image

user posted image
neo914-6
Britain,
Are you powdercoating your tranny after the bead blast and cleaning?

Here's a quote from warren:
Some side notes: Its best to blast transmission cases when the Trans is disassembled.
A blast environment is a really harsh environment. Blast media gets every where. The parts blasted need to be cleaned with a brush really well. Blast media gets stuck into the metal. Without good cleaning the blast media will come out when you run the engine. The blast media will destroy your motor or transmission.

We do the blasting. You do the cleaning.

Britain Smith
I am not going to powdercoat the transmission, just cleaned it up. If you look at the pictures, the transmission was all sealed up during the blasting session. I actually just took it all apart, cleaned up all up, and put all the studs back in today.

-Britain
neo914-6
am not going to powdercoat the transmission

Won't the uncoated aluminum oxidize or get "ugly" again? That finish looks so nice and "new"...
Carrera916
Hey Brian...

if you had your gearbox all apart, it would be a good timing to clear coat the case...just a thin & even coat of polyurethane will do wonders...

oh,...good thing you got your box apart...i do not believe the seals off of the drive flange, input shaft & shift rod are good enough to seal these harsh crap out....believe me, the media do find their way in! ohmy.gif ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.