Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scam Alert
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
I posted last week....WTB 914 in the Northeast...and was answered by C12Croft...AKA Tim C....he said that he had a 76 2.0 with a big bore kit that he aquired from the west coast, that was in good shape and just needed an interior...He said his wife was bugging him to get rid of the car...when I asked him questions about the car and potential rust, he said that he did not know if the car had rust because he was a quadripilegic, and that no one has been able to put him in the car... and gave me some other details about the car....I subsequently found his name C12Croft bidding on a flared fender car on EBAY, I emailed him again and said that I saw him bidding on Ebay and that I know that he was trying to scam someone into taking his pile of junk off his hands...his reply was "thanks my plan worked"..... be careful! idea.gif
BIGKAT_83
I've sold Tim some things on Ebay and had had no trouble at all. Payed as soon as auction ended.
Really don't know if he is a quadripilegic or not,but on his feedback on Ebay he has won auctions for diapers(depends), wheel chair ramps and other handicapped items.

huh.gif
Rusty
Soooo... what part of your story proves a scam? dry.gif

Sounds like the kind of sarcastic answer I'd give, if someone accused me. blink.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
joeav8tor
Rusty,
my plan worked would be your answer, and exactly what would that mean? I have had subsequent emails from tim c and he seems like a good guy, he said that he didnt return my emails and his plan was that he didnt want me bidding on the flared car on ebay from florida, and that he didnt want the competition...in this day and age unfortunately people have to be skeptical, and that people lie....thats how people buy rusted out 914s that look good and then need thousands of dollars of rust repair....but all that aside, tim c seems to be ok...I was just giving people a heads up, and described the situation exactly how it happened....if somebody got an email that said my plan worked, and wasnt skeptical, I would consider them to be a sucker...have a nice day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.