Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Schlefi
Hi, I am new to this forum and would just like to introduce myself times. My name is detlef and I come from Germany. I am here in the forum, because I would like to buy a Porsche 914 from California to me. Here in Germany there is but over-priced vehicles. Seeking a technically and visually good for up to $ 7000. At the company Merit Cars I've seen one, but seems to be painted over me very badly. Maybe someone knows the car and can tell me something about it. Otherwise, I am grateful for any advice where I can buy a Porsche 914. Images are also good. For pick-up, I would hire a trucking company, or one of my sold the car takes care of itself to be shipped to Rotterdam.
I wish you all a great week!
76-914
welcome.png You've come to the right place. There are several of us that live in California. Nevada and Arizona are also good locations to look for a 914. If you find something your interested in let us know and someone should be able to assist with an inspection. beerchug.gif Kent
Cairo94507
welcome.png Yup you have found the gold mine when it comes to the 914. This is the best place to learn and source parts for a car as well as find a car. Best wishes and good luck finding the right car for you.
Gustl
welcome.png ... from the south biggrin.gif

good luck with your search IPB Image
MikeInMunich
Look at mobile.de

That yellow 914 in Gelsenkirchen for 7,999€ looks like a very good deal to me.

There are a couple of decent looking cars for sale over here.

Don't forget the you'll have to add 29% to the price of the car just for duty and MwSt, and if you're looking for a car for 6,000€...add another 25% for shipping.

Mike in Munich
Schlefi
Der aus gelsenkirchen scheint ja völlig verbastelt zu sein. Allein die Spiegel.
Schlefi
Aus dem hohen Norden!
thieuster
QUOTE(Schlefi @ Feb 7 2015, 05:41 AM) *

Hi, I am new to this forum and would just like to introduce myself times. My name is detlef and I come from Germany. I am here in the forum, because I would like to buy a Porsche 914 from California to me. Here in Germany there is but over-priced vehicles. Seeking a technically and visually good for up to $ 7000. At the company Merit Cars I've seen one, but seems to be painted over me very badly. Maybe someone knows the car and can tell me something about it. Otherwise, I am grateful for any advice where I can buy a Porsche 914. Images are also good. For pick-up, I would hire a trucking company, or one of my sold the car takes care of itself to be shipped to Rotterdam.
I wish you all a great week!

Although not in Germany, I would like to point you towards Arno Wienands overhere in Holland. You can find him here: 914 Parts. The site is in Dutch, but Arno is born in Germany, I think. So there will be no language barrier.

Arno finds his cars mostly in the US.

Menno
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(Schlefi @ Feb 7 2015, 10:01 AM) *

Aus dem hohen Norden!

It's a helluva lot closer than CA, USA. poke.gif
Starlack
hello Schlefi
Arno Wienands is a good choice if you are looking for a car.
Greetings from Germany Mike
Kaeferfreund
Hi Schlefi,

you still have in your mind the current exchange rate? The Euro-course crashed in the past few months.

And you have to pay import tax, transport fees and insurance if you buy a car in the US? That should you bear in mind!

So perhaps it's really better and cheaper to look for a car directly in Europe. Most of the guys who replied here are organized in the German 914 forum. Not as big as this one here but it is a good network for your start.

Good luck!

Kaeferfreund
thieuster
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Feb 7 2015, 11:21 AM) *

Hi Schlefi,

you still have in your mind the current exchange rate? The Euro-course crashed in the past few months.

And you have to pay import tax, transport fees and insurance if you buy a car in the US? That should you bear in mind!

So perhaps it's really better and cheaper to look for a car directly in Europe. Most of the guys who replied here are organized in the German 914 forum. Not as big as this one here but it is a good network for your start.

Good luck!

Kaeferfreund

The exchange rate is killing now. That will raise the prices of 914s!

Consider this: all classic Porsches' prices are through the roof nowadays. Just try to get a decent 912 for a decent amount of money. There's only one cheap Porsche left... indeed the 914! With US prices for us on the rise, it will raise the price of the whole range! Just have a look in Essen next time you're there. Same thing in Maastricht last month: unbelievable prices for even modest cars are paid on the spot.

(To US readers: Sorry for the European angle here: Essen, Maastricht and Paris are big names when it comes to classic car shows in Europe! They are the Main Events overhere)

Menno

thieuster

Hi Schlefi,

Good luck!

Kaeferfreund

Can you send me a PM with the address of the German 914 community? Dutch community is very small and I'm not into other Porsches, tbh.

Menno
Starlack
QUOTE(thieuster @ Feb 7 2015, 11:47 AM) *

Hi Schlefi,

Good luck!

Kaeferfreund

Can you send me a PM with the address of the German 914 community? Dutch community is very small and I'm not into other Porsches, tbh.

Menno

Hello
here you have the address of the German forum.
a lot of fun there

www.porsche-914.com/forum

I
thieuster
Danke!

Menno
MikeInMunich
The other one in Buchholz for the same price also looks good; also on Mobil.de
Starlack
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Feb 7 2015, 12:41 PM) *

The other one in Buchholz for the same price also looks good; also on Mobil.de

A short message:
A member of the German Forum was in Bucholz and has looked the car .
There is even a report in the forum.
The Car is not in good condition.
The Member was not thrilled with the car.
Schlefi
Ich sag ja, nur Schrott auf dem Markt.
Gustl
you can't judge the market by just seeing a couple of online offers
the really good cars hardly appear on mobile.de or similar platforms
you'll need a good network/good contacts and patience ....
and be sure, 8k € can't buy a good car
thieuster
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 7 2015, 03:01 PM) *

Turn your search to the North: Sweden! Blocket.se is your first port of call. There are few nice specimen for sale. Exchange rate euro vs kronor is pretty easy: dividing by 10 gives you an idea.

The Swedes love their cars and often take good care or them. I bought a Saab 96 in mid Sweden in 2007. Great trip, great adventure. Just take a trailer with you and bring a 914 back home! Since Sweden is part of the EU, you don't have to pay import duty and Swedish law even allows you to drive the car home under it's own power!

Menno
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Gustl @ Feb 7 2015, 03:01 PM) *

And $7K US will not buy a high quality 914 so be sure your budget is in line with the quality of cars available. Decent quality here in the US will easily exceed $10K US as the better quality cars are becoming increasingly difficult to locate.

If I am not mistaken you also need to have 100% original right? No engine swaps, suspension changes...for the MOT? Original cars are even more of a challenge to find.
DEC
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 9 2015, 12:31 AM) *

And $7K US will not buy a high quality 914 so be sure your budget is in line with the quality of cars available. Decent quality here in the US will easily exceed $10K US as the better quality cars are becoming increasingly difficult to locate.

agree.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Feb 7 2015, 09:12 AM) *

Look at mobile.de

Don't forget the you'll have to add 29% to the price of the car just for duty and MwSt, and if you're looking for a car for 6,000€...add another 25% for shipping.

Mike in Munich

The 29% can be avoided by going through the NL, 0% custom and 6% MWST, already done 4 times and always worked. They stopped it for some time around 2012 but since 2013 again possible.
thieuster
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 9 2015, 04:54 PM) *

Look at mobile.de

Mike in Munich

The 29% can be avoided by going through the NL, 0% custom and 6% MWST, already done 4 times and always worked. They stopped it for some time around 2012 but since 2013 again possible.

agree.gif

Normally MWSt / VAT is 21% here in Holland. However, certain 'goods' are taxed with 6%. Officially, only stuff you need for daily living (like groceries). But the 6% tax is extended to house maintenance, environmentally friendly purchases as solar panels and... importing classic cars!!! No wonder that there are quite a few large (and expensive) classic car dealers here in the NL!

But, as said, I personally would opt for a Scandinavian car. I forgot to mention in my previous posting that up in the north they don't use road salt, but some sort of sand. That is why cars from Sc. are not rusted like our mid-European cars.

(As an example of an expensive C/car dealer - only 15 mins from my house: The Gallery )

Menno
MikeInMunich

Look at mobile.de

Mike in Munich

Wow. If that's true, thanks for the tip! aktion035.gif
MikeInMunich

Look at mobile.de

Mike in Munich

Correcting myself...MwSt (VAT) into Germany is not the usual 19%, rather "only" 7% and also...NO ZOLL (Duty) piratenanner.gif GREAT NEWS! piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.