Neighbor said - I have a trailer
Seller said - I'll take $500
Fits under my 914 without ramps - priceless
mepstein
Qry
mepstein
Yui
Harpo
How high does it lift your car? It looks like a jumbo pallet jack. Can you slide that around your garage?

David
sean_v8_914
that thing is sweeeeeet!
has wheels? can you easily move it around?
dont tease us. lets see it in action
Big Len
How friggen cool is that.
mepstein
Has wheels on one end and the cart pugs in at the other end to lift. It's very heavy so it won't get moved often. Fitting under my car was more important than the lift height. It didn't have a power pack. The seller was using an air compressor and a foot pedal. He gave me the foot pedal and the cart. I will grab my compressor from my dad while I'm looking for a power pack or a substitute. I will also buy some taller jackstands to throw under the car for safety. The seller said it held up his Dodge Charger for 2 weeks but I'm not going to be the guy who gets crushed by his car. My kids would be so embarrassed.
ndfrigi
Wow sweet and supportive wife and even your neighbor were nice too by lending them the trailer. I would want one like that kind of lift.

JawjaPorsche
Nice! beerchug.gif
mepstein
Online says 4.88 height, 48" raised height. I have at least an inch clearance when I drive I over the lift.
r_towle
It should have some locks as it goes up, so it's pretty safe to leave up if you need.

You will see when you lift it.

Nice score.
oldschool
Heres mine work's great for our rear/med engine cars. Tire chief.
green914
Nice score agree.gif I need one.
Mueller
QUOTE(green914 @ Feb 7 2015, 04:12 PM) *

Nice score agree.gif I need one.

^ ditto on both!
Amphicar770
I have basically the same SO ramp. They are built like a tank by Wheeltronic. You may want to get the cylinder rebuilt, I think I had mine done for about $125.

You got a pretty good deal. They normally go for about $900 with working power supply. You can buy a power pack from Greg Smith Equip that will work with these. If you do a quick disconnect, just make sure it is properly rated.

My 914 did clear but just barely. I added a set of Racer Ramps as shown. They are stupid expensive but way nicer than using wood.

http://www.amazon.com/Race-Ramps-RR-CLR-4-...r/dp/B00QLP7MP4

mepstein
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Feb 7 2015, 09:46 PM) *

I have basically the same SO ramp. They are built like a tank by Wheeltronic. You may want to get the cylinder rebuilt, I think I had mine done for about $125.

You got a pretty good deal. They normally go for about $900 with working power supply. You can buy a power pack from Greg Smith Equip that will work with these. If you do a quick disconnect, just make sure it is properly rated.

My 914 did clear but just barely. I added a set of Racer Ramps as shown. They are stupid expensive but way nicer than using wood.

http://www.amazon.com/Race-Ramps-RR-CLR-4-...r/dp/B00QLP7MP4

Thank you for the info! I have a Greg smith about 20 minutes from my house so I'll drop by and check it out. I knew I would need to throw some more money at the lift but since the seller was only an hour away, it was worth it to me to go after this one.

If I need ramps for my GT build I will grab some leftover trex decking from my dads deck and lay it down under the wheels.
balljoint
Nice. Officially jealous. Every time I see guys post these I have to go check for any deals near me.
barebrad
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 7 2015, 05:46 PM) *

Heres mine work's great for our rear/med engine cars. Tire chief.

What is the manufacturer and model of this unit? Looks sweet!
914forme
After I got my lift I will not work with out one now!!! They are so worth the effort. Great Score and the guys at Greg Smith, at least the Indy branch, are a great bunch to deal with. I drive 2 hours each way to deal with them!!
carr914
Take it to Scotty & have him Paint it!

Nice Score!
mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 8 2015, 12:48 PM) *

Take it to Scotty & have him Paint it!

Nice Score!

Yes, it's ugly. I'm glad it gets hidden under the car. My wife had thought I was buying a 2 post lift. She was very relieved when she saw my purchase.

I have a commercial powdercoat shop nearby. They are super reasonable but it will be a while before I lug that hunk of metal back onto a trailer.

My mechanic offered to drop off the suby engine but I had no way of dropping it from his pick up truck. Now i'm thinking a couple layers of plywood and use it as a lift table.
saigon71
Awesome find Mark! beerchug.gif

Crawling under cars is becoming less fun as I get older. A setup like this may make a fine addition to my low-ceiling garage.
cpavlenko
drooley.gif awesome buy, I really need something like that for the 914. Also would b great for the 4 runner, like making it easy for wheel rotation. Sure can do a lot if I only had one. Can't afford one at the moment, workman's comp case going on for 2 yrs now. No money coming in. My lawyer is working on the case, cause there trying to screw me. Long story, and I don't want to bore u all. But when I get back in the groove, I'll b searching for one.
mepstein
My old compressor crapped out so over to HF for a new one. $100 on sale.
Takes a couple minutes to lift but what a difference from jacking by hand. I didn't go full height but you all get the idea. biggrin.gif
flyer86d
I have one of those in my shop. I have changed the engine on my 300 TE 4 Matic wagon with it, changed brakes on a Tahoe, replaced the floor pans and rear sub rails on a 1971 Mustang. Very we'll built and sturdy. If I sell my business, it is one of the tools that I would keep.
balljoint
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 8 2015, 02:59 PM) *

My old compressor crapped out so over to HF for a new one. $100 on sale.
Takes a couple minutes to lift but what a difference from jacking by hand. I didn't go full height but you all get the idea. biggrin.gif

Oh dear. It's the Australian model.

Click to view attachment
green914
biggrin.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
mepstein
I was getting some leakage and loosing about an inch an hour and then I saw the puddle. Time to get the cylinder rebuilt. I knew it would be sooner or later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.