Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Switches to the right of the steering wheel on a 73
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john77
I'm in the process of recovering my dash face and noticed there are 3 holes to the right of the steering column. I know the larger center one is for the cigarette lighter, but what are the other two for? And are the switches/screw in bezels for them still available?

I'm curious because the horn button on my momo works about 20% of the time, which is deadly in LA traffic as no one can see me so I need it to gently persuade other motorists not to ram into me, so I'm thinking of rewiring the horn through another switch in the dash and figured I may as well try and find one that will at least look like it belongs there, even if it's for something different.

John
Tom_T
One was the cig. lighter & another for the rear window defroster switch, but I'm having a brain fart on the 3rd! dry.gif

Someone else will speak up for the 3rd hole, I'm sure!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
Windshield wiper
john77
Thanks guys.
Dave_Darling
The windshield wiper on a 73 was controlled by a stalk on the column.

It could be that they just never changed the stamping from the earlier cars that did have the wiper switch on the dash.

--DD
john77
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 7 2015, 07:30 PM) *

The windshield wiper on a 73 was controlled by a stalk on the column.

It could be that they just never changed the stamping from the earlier cars that did have the wiper switch on the dash.

--DD

Yeah, I wondered about that as my wipers are on the stalk.
Larry.Hubby
The third hole was for the fog lights on my '70.
GeorgeRud
I'd try to get my horn working correctly with the original steering wheel pad as reaching for a horn button in that location might be difficult in an emergency. The contact only grounds a wire, so I'd try to clean up the connections to try to make it reliable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.