Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 914 "2.0 muffler color"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Theclassiccarcoroner
I just bought the OEM muffler system off of eBay for my 1976 914. I'm very excited to paint and install this on my car. What color what color would this muffler have been from the factory? Gray or Black?
JeffBowlsby
Grey. Look for Techline "titanium".
914werke
Should be a CAT in there.
TravisNeff
Cold galvanizing compound (zink rich weldable primer) is supposed to be dead nuts on.
Theclassiccarcoroner
Thanks everyone! I'll post pictures when I get done with the exhaust. I'm still waiting on it to come in the mail.

I was trying to find a picture of what a 76 914 CAT looks like but didn't have much luck. The car had Monza exhaust on it when I bought it.

Emissions isn't reqiured here in Georgia for any cars older then 25 years old. Do any of you late model 914 drivers have to pass emissions in your home states? Maybe California?
dcheek
I've used VHT SP-104 Flat Gray since day one and have had no negative comments from judges through the years.
Dave
914Sixer
Maryland and California cars where the ONLY two states cat's were required. Stoddard Porsche Parts has the correct color in spray cans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.