Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photos of two 916's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Quilmes
Well I hope that everyone had a good weekend. I was not able to attend the 24hr of Daytona since I will be out most of this week and I wanted to spend time with my Daughters.

But I did have time to find some more photos, this time of two 916.

The Red 916 belonged to Manfred, 2.7li. He drove this 916 had at Porsche events and was impressed how quite and stiff the car is.
It does not make roof noise when the weather is cold but it also does not have side vents for fresh out side air.???
Manfred( the track race he is ) made the driver seat in to a sport seat and it also to match’s the original passenger seat colors.
Notice the funky 70's seat colors on both cars.

The blue one was in a state of do I restore it or not ? This. 916 had a 2.4li I am told.

Enjoy
Quilmes
Red 916
Quilmes
Red 916 b
Quilmes
Red 914 c
Quilmes
Red 916 d
Quilmes
Red 916 e
Quilmes
Red 916 f
Quilmes
Red 916 g
Quilmes
Red 916 h
Quilmes
Blue 916 1
Quilmes
Blue 916 2
Quilmes
Blue 916 3
Quilmes
Blue 916 4
Quilmes
Blue 916 5
Quilmes
Blue 916 6
Quilmes
Blue 916 7
Quilmes
Blue 916 8
Root_Werks
drooley.gif
Joe Ricard
What a contrasting difference in cars. Who would thunk that the car would have been worth so much money these days The owner might have taken better care of the blue one.
mskala
Great pics.

What's with the gauges, bottle, and tubes in the trunk of the
red one?
Quilmes
QUOTE (mskala @ Feb 7 2005, 08:35 AM)
Great pics.

What's with the gauges, bottle, and tubes in the trunk of the
red one?

In the rear trunk of Red 916:
Tire gauge
Fire extinguisher,
The 2 silver air tubes are to cool the Transmission one per side, I might be able to find a photo of that from underneath

Thanks biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
that blue one with the paisley interior was for sale in the UK. all dissasembled like that for 100k, was even in the club classifieds wink.gif
Quilmes
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 7 2005, 08:46 AM)
that blue one with the paisley interior was for sale in the UK. all dissasembled like that for 100k, was even in the club classifieds wink.gif

I know of a white 916 in the UK that was all in pieces, and they were trying to restore it back.
It's in Ernst Book Caught by Camera.
The light blue 916 #17 was being sold at that time for 500,000 DM.
The Red 916 was sold to a fellow Porsche enthusiast from the town next door. It went for just over $100,000 US dollars. But this 916 was really clean and came with both motors, the 2.4 and 2.7.
ClayPerrine
I think that the blue one was on E-bay at one time. I have the picts that the owner uploaded at the time. I am using them for references on how to put the MFI stuff in my car.

ClayPerrine
ClayPerrine
GWN7
The Blue one #17 was owned by a Dr. Hamiley (sp?). He had it listed here.
Gustl
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Feb 7 2005, 06:03 PM)

I know of a white 916 in the UK that was all in pieces, and they were trying to restore it back.

the white one is 914 2 33 0019 and is still in parts

Details:
- white leather interior
- black dash
- black carpets
- black carpet headliner
- original engine is in a 911
- the engine was rebuilt at factory to 3 litre Carrera specification

take a look at my 916 research page, you might like it
Gustl
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Feb 7 2005, 06:14 PM)

this guy didn't own the car - his was a kind of "sales-mediator"
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Feb 7 2005, 11:14 AM)

Did he ever sell it?

Bleyseng
He reported it sold and deleted the long thread about it. Maybe a admin can repost the trhread??

Geoff
Gustl
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 7 2005, 06:21 PM)

Did he ever sell it?

yepp ... but unfortunately he kept it as "TOP SECRET"

there are different opinions:
* some say it sold to Japan
* some say it's still in Germany
* one guy told me, that the car is sold to a different countra, but it's secret flipa.gif

I still try to find out where the car is - and what condition (I was told it was in restauration)
zouo
Gustl B

This thread might interest you about the white UK 916. Pic included:
http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic...0&highlight=916
Gustl
QUOTE (zouo @ Feb 7 2005, 07:55 PM)
Gustl B

This thread might interest you about the white UK 916. Pic included:
http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic...0&highlight=916

many many thanks pray.gif smilie_pokal.gif
you have no idea how long I was searching for a photo from that car

somewhen I've found the following pic, but this car has white interior - and I knew that #19 has it black

maybe anybody knows something about this car:
GWN7
QUOTE (Gustl B @ Feb 7 2005, 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 7 2005, 06:21 PM)

Did he ever sell it?

yepp ... but unfortunately he kept it as "TOP SECRET"

there are different opinions:
* some say it sold to Japan
* some say it's still in Germany
* one guy told me, that the car is sold to a different countra, but it's secret flipa.gif

I still try to find out where the car is - and what condition (I was told it was in restauration)

Did it go to a guy in Italy? There was some guy who had bid on another car who was interested.....(insert foggy brain smiley) and I "think" he was from Italy.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Feb 7 2005, 09:03 AM)
was even in the club classifieds

agree.gif search our classifieds. he sold it like 1 1/2 ago. a dr. from the UK. the car was in a pretty sorry shape ...

sad.gif Andy

PS: i'd like to know who owns it now ... idea.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 8 2005, 05:47 AM)

PS: i'd like to know who owns it now ...   idea.gif

that's what I try to find out for about a year ... dry.gif
Carl
The red car shows a much different shape to the dash surrounding the gauges than our cars. It's hard to tell if the blue car has the same thing. I'm guessing all 916's had this different dash shape?

Carl
Bleyseng
Carl
Geoff,
The photo you posted looks like our cars but this one is different.
Gustl
the 11 916s were built up like prototype cars
they took every part that was available
it's very likely that they wanted to find out which was the best (or best looking) style
IronHillRestorations
Isn't the photo Geoff posted #18? Wasn't that the car owned by Jerry Leonard in Indianapolis? I spent alot of time on the phone with the guy brokering that car, and could have got it for $75k. Should've got it I guess, but what do you do with a 916? I would have been too much a candy ass to drive the thing.

I think the story on the dash is the leather got bad. His daughter drove the thing in college. Ignorance is bliss, eh?
Gustl
QUOTE (9146986 @ Feb 8 2005, 07:32 AM)
Isn't the photo Geoff posted #18?  Wasn't that the car owned by Jerry Leonard in Indianapolis?

yepp, that's it - featured in various books

really nice looking - but hardly anybody knows that the car looks different when it left the factory

why do you think the original recorded colour is called "dark blue"

user posted image

looks nor really dark blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.