Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New seats for the Type R
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
fasthonda
Finally have a matching pair of seats. Found some low budget seats that seem to fit nicely in the 914. These are replica Mugen seats with side mount. They fit perfectly onto stock rails. They have some flex, but pretty comfortable. Mugen also matches well with the Type R thing.

Michael

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jd74914
Those do look quite nice! smile.gif

Who made them? The fit looks really good.
fasthonda
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 9 2015, 08:57 PM) *

Those do look quite nice! smile.gif

Who made them? The fit looks really good.

They are Chinese made copies that are not labeled. I'll see how they perform when it warms up. My car has no heat or side windows.
Han Solo
I noted the harness brackets on the rear bulkhead. Are those something you purchased or did you fabricate?
fasthonda
QUOTE(Han Solo @ Feb 11 2015, 07:16 AM) *

I noted the harness brackets on the rear bulkhead. Are those something you purchased or did you fabricate?

I fabricated these using U bolts. I welded stops to the U bolts and they pass through plates on either side. My copy of the factory GT setup at a fraction of the cost.
Han Solo
QUOTE(fasthonda @ Feb 11 2015, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Han Solo @ Feb 11 2015, 07:16 AM) *

I fabricated these using U bolts. I welded stops to the U bolts and they pass through plates on either side. My copy of the factory GT setup at a fraction of the cost.

Excellent. I'll use that method on my '73. Do you remember the thickness of the bulkhead in that area? I'm pretty sure that's two layers of sheet metal.
Mueller
Nice looking seats, they seem to fit very well and look like they belong there!
Alphaogre
Chinese knock offs is my price range. biggrin.gif were they a ebay find? I love those brackets too!
Randal
QUOTE(fasthonda @ Feb 9 2015, 03:28 PM) *

Finally have a matching pair of seats. Found some low budget seats that seem to fit nicely in the 914. These are replica Mugen seats with side mount. They fit perfectly onto stock rails. They have some flex, but pretty comfortable. Mugen also matches well with the Type R thing.

Michael

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Those seats look nice and as long as they keep you planted they will work for most events.

What events are you running?

fasthonda
QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 14 2015, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(fasthonda @ Feb 9 2015, 03:28 PM) *

Michael

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Those seats look nice and as long as they keep you planted they will work for most events.

What events are you running?

Original intent of the build was a GT style track car for DE events. I've since decided to make it street legal so I can enjoy it more. Suspension setup setup will remian the same. Adding lights, dressing up the interior a bit more and adding a spare tire plus a AAA membership. Plan on driving it to work a few days a week this summer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.