Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Empi GasBurners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Johns914
So it is time to break down and by new tires for my 914. The ones I have don't have but 3k miles on them but are upwards of 10 years old. I am headed to the RT66 Fun Run in Seligman AZ and don't want a blow out. Here is where I am running into an issue. I have a set of BRM Replicas on it right now that look great but have a VW offset and the driver's rear tire is extremely close. This is also compounded by accident damage done to the car many many years and owners ago. When I got the BRMs it took me 3 different tires and pulling the fender out 3/4 of an inch to get the Bridgestone Eagers to fit. I love the Eagers but are not made any more.

Here is my question. I have been looking at the Empi GasBurners and was wondering how many people have used them? I know AA sells them and say you can get a 205 under the fender but I am always skeptical of these things. Please let me know if you or some one has bought these wheels and how the fit.

Would really love a set of Perdinis but they seem to be very hard to find.

Thanks in advance for your help.
rhodyguy
195s might be a better choise. Btw, cip1 currently has the same wheel for $109 with no tax and FREE shipping thru their online store. Before you order from the other place check on the total for shipping AND HANDLING. The back spacing on those wheels is shy of the back spacing on OEM Fuch 4 lug wheels.
mepstein
195x65x15. smile.gif
rhodyguy
there is a set of pedrinis' currently for sale in the pelican 914 classifieds that look very nice.
Johns914
Perdinis on the Bird site are sold. Blast chair.gif
mgp4591
I've got Empis on mine with 205/65-15s in back and 195/60-15s in front. Those are them on my avatar and they fit fine- I don't know the offsets or the widths but the tires fit on the wheels without bulging at all and the wheels are the same front and rear. They've really grown on me and I think I'll keep them awhile. shades.gif
'73-914kid
Found these online. They appear to fit pretty well? Gives little indication of tire size however.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Man, gas-burners are cool looking wheels...
sixnotfour
Here's a thread about them..

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=202863&hl=
rhodyguy
Reading Brett's reply in the link re the seats for nuts/bolts, the longer stock bolts are a direct application yes? With the 4 1/2 back spacing it should make for mounting 195s no rub issues. Iirc Brett's white car had 195 wide tires.
Johns914
Thanks r all the help. I think that is the way I am going to go. Just need to wait till Uncle Sam sends me my taxes back. This is all providing that I don't find good perdinis prior to that. Knowing my luck I will find Perdinis after I get the other ones installed.
I think the black cent will look good with the Signal Orange
Big Len
http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/4857099322.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.