Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone here receive an unsolicited offer to buy their 914 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
The pm was generic in nature (sans the 914 reference) and looked like spam so I thought I'd ask. WTF.gif
Mark Henry
IPB Image
Mark Henry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
pcar916
I get a lot of verbal spam on that subject. There is, on average, an offer per month... nearly every month.

The funniest comeback is, when I tell 'em it's not for sale, that "money is no object".

Naturally, they pulled up to the gas station in what amounts to a Yugo cruiser.

SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 12 2015, 07:02 AM) *
The pm was generic in nature (sans the 914 reference) and looked like spam so I thought I'd ask. WTF.gif

PM me the PMer ... smash.gif
shades.gif
ConeDodger
A long time friend has offered to trade a Cayenne Hybrid for mine. He also owns a 918 Spyder and just turned down a new Cayman GTS because it doesn't come with PDK. The Porsche dealer calls him for private viewing when something new comes along...

Clearly, he loves my 914 and money means very little to him. lol-2.gif
Chris Pincetich
I've had folks wave me down in traffic or stop me in the parking lot to ask if my 914 is for sale. I say "nope, but thanks!" biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Cuda911
Last week, I had some guy came up to me in a parking lot, and he offered to trade his car for my 914. It was a fairly new Acura, and I'm 99% certain that it wasn't stolen.

I always answer queries about selling my 914s with "nope, not for sale at all."
Dave_Darling
"How much money would it take to buy your car?"

My usual reply:
"About ten times what it is actually worth..."

--DD
Amphicar770
Unsolicited offer via PM? You could wind up like these poor people:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/01/c...ang-craigslist/

phatnine11
Kent,
There's a guy that has been after me to sell my 914 for about 6 years now. I have all of his contact information. He sends an email every year asking about the car, but I'm still having too much fun with the car to sell it.
Cesar
Bulldog9
No, but when I drive my 86 Cutlass 442, I always get asked 'hey brotha you wanna sell your caaaaa?" No joke. First $5G its gone ;-)
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 12 2015, 10:38 AM) *

"How much money would it take to buy your car?"

My usual reply:
"About ten times what it is actually worth..."

--DD

I was JUST thinking about that very question!

I'd like to see some answers to this question. Shall I start a new thread?
JawjaPorsche
If someone offered me a new Boxter as a trade for my teener, I would decline. My teener has been with me 42 years.
Ian Stott
On a PCA cruise last year a member said " you know Ian you could have bought a used Boxster for the amount of money you have tied up in that 914" I tried hard to stay polite, but I gave in and said if I wanted a Boxster I would have bought a Boxster. I guess some people just don't get it, I am in the car is not for sale category. Don't go crazy now and ask how much would make me change my mind, I'm sure if someone offered a stupidly huge dollar amount you would think about it. Love my 914 and have a blast driving it, people here get that!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.