Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV joint grease.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic 914
disassembled, cleaned and re-assembled my CV joints and went looking for some CV joint grease. after going to three nearby FLAPS I came up with this. the only thing any had that specifically mentioned CV joint on the label.

Valvoline SYN Power

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It states its Moly-fortified. and Fully Synthetic, but then on the label it has this....

Click to view attachment

Petroleum distillates... confused24.gif

anyone use this stuff? seems like it would be a good product.
Elliot Cannon
Looks good to me, "said the boy from Clairton"! biggrin.gif Go Steelers. (next year) laugh.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 12 2015, 12:18 PM) *

Looks good to me, "said the boy from Clairton"! biggrin.gif Go Steelers. (next year) laugh.gif

You can take the boy out of the Burgh, But yinz can't take the Burgh out of the boy.

beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
Says it's for CV's and it's moly so it should be OK.
I use Swepco 201.
brant
Swepco 201 also
Bulldog9
I like the Lucas Sticky Red stuff......
era vulgaris
That's what I used when I did the CV's on my old car. To be honest I kind of chose it because the name sounded evil. Change one letter and it's "SIN POWER"!!!!
cary
I too have been using Swepco. But its messy. Next time I'm going to use ...
http://www.liqui-moly.com/liquimoly/produk...ent&land=gb
One tube per joint. You should be able to pick it up at your local bug shop. Or order it right here from our host.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(cary @ Feb 13 2015, 11:19 AM) *

http://www.liqui-moly.com/liquimoly/produk...ent&land=gb
One tube per joint. You should be able to pick it up at your local bug shop. Or order it right here from our host.

That's what I was looking for, and only found the Valvoline. didn't feel like paying $9 shipping for $20 worth of product.

Not that I haven't done THAT before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.