Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saved from the crusher!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
When I lived in Wichita and bought a few rollers as parts cars. While stripping one I found it to be very solid - so I couldn't have it hauled away.

My neighbor that lived across the street has MG's ('59 MGA and '71 MGB). Since I was moving to Durango I asked him if he wanted the shell. He said yes and we pushed it over to his house.

That was 2 years ago and it is now on the road. We found it was originally painted - Blue Metallic (L98P) so he painted back to the original color. He said his wife is driving it more than he is right now...

Here are some before and after pictures:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
gfg3
Fantastic! Brings tears to my eyes. Love to hear stories like this.
OU8AVW
piratenanner.gif Awesome!
JawjaPorsche
beerchug.gif
KELTY360
smilie_pokal.gif
MikeInMunich
aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
beerchug.gif cheer.gif
Mueller
Yippee!

type47fan
Really nice.

Did the VIN ever get entered into the World VIN database?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(type47fan @ Feb 12 2015, 03:58 PM) *

Really nice.

Yes the VIN is listed under my screen name since the current owner is not a member here.

I also listed the roller sent to the crusher. It was a 1973.
bigkensteele
smilie_pokal.gif to both of you!
mgp4591
Always great to see another one make it out alive! driving.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 12 2015, 05:30 PM) *

QUOTE(type47fan @ Feb 12 2015, 03:58 PM) *

Really nice.

Yes the VIN is listed under my screen name since the current owner is not a member here.

I also listed the roller sent to the crusher. It was a 1973.

I have the front clip off the 73. It saved Sandy's car "7 of 9" aktion035.gif So Mike helped save more than one car with his stash.

That 70 turned out great!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 13 2015, 06:29 AM) *

I have the front clip off the 73. It saved Sandy's car "7 of 9" aktion035.gif So Mike helped save more than one car with his stash.

That 70 turned out great!

He did a great job and did all the work himself with the exception of an engine rebuild and paint. He used the same engine builder that rebuilt the engine in Buttercup (some of you will remember that build).

He is a British car guy or was. He really likes the 914 as does his wife. His only resource for technical expertise was me (800 miles away and the word expertise is a STRETCH) so it is a miracle it got done... It speaks to his natural ability to sort things out that are mechanical. He even converted the car to a side shifter!

Rick - thanks for being an inspiration to me to help others with their 914 projects - I learned that part from the best (you) - cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.