Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum hose kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
I need vacuum hoses for my 75 2.0 car.

Anyone recommend a kit or what do I need to get?

Thanks
saigon71
Autoatlanta has a nice kit - it ain't cheap though. I bought one years ago for my 74 D-Jet.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/results.php

BeatNavy
Several sources available. Use Bowlsby's guide: Late 74 Vacuum Hoses

and pick up what you need from, for example, Pelican: Vacuum Hoses.

I could tell you AA sells a hose kit, but I don't want to start that debate... chair.gif
JeffBowlsby
You'll need the hose diagram too:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_FI_Hose..._Late1974_A.jpg
DavidSweden
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 14 2015, 07:57 AM) *

Thanks to all who took the time to set me right

David
BfloRandy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 14 2015, 10:57 AM) *

Good morning, Mr. Bowlsby.
Thank you for posting that diagram of the vacuum hoses (2.0, late '74).
I am wondering if you have any further information on lengths of those lines, as well as any changes for a carburated system.
Thank you for your help!
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 14 2015, 07:24 AM) *

Several sources available. Use Bowlsby's guide: Late 74 Vacuum Hoses

and pick up what you need from, for example, Pelican: Vacuum Hoses.

I could tell you AA sells a hose kit, but I don't want to start that debate... chair.gif

BfloRandy

See the link in this post from above for the chart of lengths.

You are own with carbs...
boxstr
I have one of the AA vacuum hose kits at CAMP 914. It includes the hose routing diagram, and the hose lengths.
I will post a pic later today.
Craig at CAMP
Mikey914
We just got all the hoses in and are in the process of kitting them up. Planning on a GB for these just trying to figure out the cost.

It will be a few days to get these ready, so if you need on fast talk to Craig

I'll post later today.
clapeza
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 18 2015, 01:21 PM) *

We just got all the hoses in and are in the process of kitting them up. Planning on a GB for these just trying to figure out the cost.

I'll post later today.

Mark,

You've got some crazy 914-centric-psychic-mojo going on! I'm in the process of putting FI back on my car, and I have been trying to figure out exactly what I need, where to get it...and now you come up with this!

914Rubber to the rescue! (again)

Chester
Mikey914
QUOTE(clapeza @ Apr 18 2015, 12:09 PM) *

I'll post later today.

Mark,

You've got some crazy 914-centric-psychic-mojo going on! I'm in the process of putting FI back on my car, and I have been trying to figure out exactly what I need, where to get it...and now you come up with this!

Chester

Got the 1.7 elbow, and working on the 2.0 stacked elbows too.
Was going to release all together but can do so this week in the hoses. Working on instructions.
Mark
orthobiz
Can't find a vacuum hose kit on 914rubber website. Is there a link, Mark?

Paul
Mikey914
I did bring in the hoses, just have not kitted up yet, I'll have to find my reference sheets to build these, but I do have the materials.
RohJay
Mark, I hope you are going to make a kit for the 1.8 L-Jet ?
orthobiz
QUOTE(RohJay @ Oct 7 2015, 11:58 AM) *

Mark, I hope you are going to make a kit for the 1.8 L-Jet ?

Plus early and late versions (or maybe just 1975 California version?) with charcoal canister in the engine compartment for the late versions and a exhaust gas recirculation circuit?

Paul
r_towle
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 18 2015, 09:13 PM) *

QUOTE(clapeza @ Apr 18 2015, 12:09 PM) *

I'll post later today.

Mark,

Chester

Got the 1.7 elbow, and working on the 2.0 stacked elbows too.
Was going to release all together but can do so this week in the hoses. Working on instructions.
Mark

Wait, you are doing all the funky elbows now?
The double one that always cracks? For the DeCel valve....

Cool
Mikey914
I need a correct F elbow and I can replicate it. So far I haven't got one.
The AA version is floating around. The correct one actually have 2 metal sleeves from what I recall. I can do the sleeves also.
r_towle
I have a correct one, just not mint.
Mikey914
Don't need it to be mint, cane even be cracked, I just need to be ale to take dimensions off of it. That and the OD of the sleeve to make sure it's a tight fit. Id be happy to throw you a handful for a sample biggrin.gif
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 7 2015, 09:50 AM) *

I did bring in the hoses, just have not kitted up yet, I'll have to find my reference sheets to build these, but I do have the materials.

Has this kit been created yet? I can't find it on the website.
burton73
I got a full kit for my 76 that I just sold. Lemon put it on. Got it from George at AA and it came fast and was complete.

Bob B

JOEPROPER
Thanks Bob, I'll probably go that route.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
there are slight variations in all of the kits, so we try to cut generically and have different kits for

73-74 2.0
74-75 1.8
75-76 2.0

I could discuss all of the variations here if several were interested, but generally, we use the original continental vacuum hose from Germany, and although all of the colors are no longer available, have green black and gray for some of the various sizes. We also have the rare rare 19mm hose for the later cars, but with the big 21 are relegated to the generic USA style rubber "stuff" The vacuum kits come pre cut with a correct vacuum diagram. As someone stated, this hose is not cheap, but it is correct for your 914 and these days, you will not have to replace the hoses again
billh1963
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Feb 13 2018, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 7 2015, 09:50 AM) *

Has this kit been created yet? I can't find it on the website.

I would like to know that as well.
Mikey914
Ive been adding and refining the components on the 72 right now as i make the large elbow, the throttle body gasket and just got the pkaatic hoses for the charcoal canaster circuit figured out (they are much cheaper than the cloth hoses so will save more money. I just need to get these listed up. Ill task Blake to help me this next week.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.