Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COMPLETE RUBBER SEAL KITS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
paintracer1
Who makes the best quality most complete set? Price is important but want to get a nice kit that has everything that fits nice. Thanks Tried to get in contact with 914 Rubber without any response-Do they have a phone number? Thanks for any info
Cuda911
Definitely order the kits from 914 Rubber. I got two kits recently, and am very pleased with all of the pieces.

914 Rubber is a side business for the owner, Mark, so give him a bit of time to reply.

jack20
QUOTE(paintracer1 @ Feb 15 2015, 11:19 AM) *

Who makes the best quality most complete set? Price is important but want to get a nice kit that has everything that fits nice. Thanks Tried to get in contact with 914 Rubber without any response-Do they have a phone number? Thanks for any info

I can't say enough good things about 914 Rubber and Mark, the owner. He is a huge supporter of the hobby and has a "continuous improvement" philosophy. The products are of excellent quality and fairly priced.
Mark does have a real job as a commercial pilot but I've always found him to be very responsive.
Phone: 503-853-0922

I'm not involved with Mark's business other than as a loyal customer.
Jack
Tom_T
I'm not sure that Mark's kits cover the entire rubber seals needed, but Auto Atlanta (AA) used to sell a kit with most of the rubber seals (if not all), which was a mix of OEM & repro parts, & IIRC it was around $800 - so not cheap.

Not sure that 914Rubber sold full kits, but they do have a series of parts. Mark's stuff is good & usually an improvement over factory seals' 1960's-70's technology & materials, which were often a foam rubber material which can actually hold moisture within the seals. Mark has also focused on parts NLA from Porsche, like the cowl seals.

Some OEM are still available from dealers & the Porsche suppliers around (Pelican, Eklers/Automotion, AA, GPR, Stouds, Einmalig, TC'sGarage, etc.) - & PCA gives you a parts discount at the dealers, & those other suppliers have specials/discounts/sales from time to time.

Also you can find NOS ones on here & CL etc. that folks are selling off.

It will be pricey to do all the seals - or even just the major ones, & will probably take using a number of sources, including Porsche, 914Rubber, AA & some of the other sources.

Budget-wise - it may be best to assess which seals are in the biggest need to replace sooner, & get those done first. Along those lines, the outer window scrapers/seals & the cowl joint seals tend to shrink - the former are still available in OEM (AFAIK) & 914Rubber Repros, but AFAIK the cowl seals are only at 914Rubber, then the door inner & outer seals & the F & R trunk seals are critical is very bad.

Also make sure to pull off your interior door panels to clean out any crud in the bottom & the drainage holes, so that it can properly drain, since some water gets in there even when new, & the drainage holes along the bottom of the door are there for that purpose.

Best thing is to get a 914 parts manual & list the part nos. you'll & prioritize them, then check off what you can get in that AA or other "kit" & what else you may need.

You can download a free pdf Adobe Reader 914 PET parts manual at the Porsche website here - look near the bottom for the hotlink ....

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Elliot Cannon
He insists now that he be referred to as "captain Mark" from now on. happy11.gif av-943.gif
Mikey914
No, I'm not THAT guy.
pilothyer
I am sure Mark has seen every kind of customer service issue. I am sure he has also taken into consideration that most items he sells will not be installed right away, and it could well be years from the time of purchase till the time of install before any discrepancies will be noted. This said, I know from personal experience that you will never be treated any less than a valuable customer. Most businesses that operate in this fashion succeed with flying colors simply because their greatest asset is their customer satisfaction skills. With that said I say, Long Live Mark, and thanks very much for being a valuable asset to the 914 community.
wes
Mark is one of us 914 guys, though he has a talent that has certainly made it better for a lot of us by as a side job developing a large number of parts for our cars. All the new rubber in my car is from 914Rubber and just today received a package with more goodies. Great guy and stands behind all that he provides for us!
Hank914
Lessons learned from this community......
1- deal with the vendor directly
2- wait a bit and deal again via multiple communication vehicles like email, phone, fax, smoke signals, whatever... It could take days!
3- if you think (hint: "think" is only your 'opinion') the vendor screws you over, give him/her a chance to fix it and make it right
4- only after 1, 2, and 3 fail, then go public...there's always the public shaming route, which is brutally awkward for everybody! But if you go too soon, well....."How'd it work out for ya?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.